Dell Dimension e520, info on upgrades, selling etc?

Found 12th Oct 2008
I bought a dell dimension e520 last may and its still running great but I was thinking of selling it.

I really dont know much about computers. So was wondering if anyone seen any good deals for a system that would equal mine or better it? And also how much I would expect to get for selling my current system?

I currently have:
Vista Home Premium.
DIMENSION E520 VIIV CORE 2 DUO PROCESSOR
Intel Core 2cpu, 4300 @ 1.80 GHz
1022 MB Memory (RAM)
32 bit Operating System
MEMORY DUAL CHANNEL 1024MB (2X512) 533MH
MEDIA CARD READER 13-IN-1 INTERNAL
HARD DRIVE 250GB SERIAL ATA II 7200RPM

Any info would be much appreciated.

1. Misc
  2. Dell
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Dell
14 Comments

Your system is only five months old, technology advances fast but not that fast, if it's feeling a bit sluggish then an upgrade to 2GB of ram apparently helps when running vista.

Banned

just put another 1gb of memory in it and reinstall vista and it will be like a decent new one.

Original Poster

csiman;3176379

just put another 1gb of memory in it and reinstall vista and it will be … just put another 1gb of memory in it and reinstall vista and it will be like a decent new one.

I see, how much would that cost? Usually I just get a local tech guy in when Ive needed stuff doing to the pc, would that be ok?

Original Poster

Thanks for your help

Did you buy this system May last year or this year?

I bought one of these (E520, diff. spec.) at the end of 2006 :).

Original Poster

I bought it May 2007.

Original Poster

Anyone have an idea of how much I would get for it if i sold the system?

Original Poster

bump....

Banned

shopaholic_blond;3176563

I see, how much would that cost? Usually I just get a local tech guy in … I see, how much would that cost? Usually I just get a local tech guy in when Ive needed stuff doing to the pc, would that be ok?

about £15 to do it yourself. Dont bother with a techie guy as they just rip you off. it only takes 2 minutes to add more memory and very easy.

Original Poster

csiman;3309262

about £15 to do it yourself. Dont bother with a techie guy as they just … about £15 to do it yourself. Dont bother with a techie guy as they just rip you off. it only takes 2 minutes to add more memory and very easy.

Thank you.

I see there are lots of other dell offers just now on HUKD, would I be better buying a new system, perhaps like...

hotukdeals.com/ite…-2/
or
hotukdeals.com/ite…-x/

?

Banned

shopaholic_blond;3334292

Thank you.I see there are lots of other dell offers just now on HUKD, … Thank you.I see there are lots of other dell offers just now on HUKD, would I be better buying a new system, perhaps like...http://hotukdeals.com/item/266876/dell-vostro-200-desktop-base-unit-2/orhttp://hotukdeals.com/item/266883/dell-vostro-200-desktop-base-with-x/?

Why would you spend more on another when you said yours is running great. I have an E520 myself and it still does everything I throw at it superfast. It will last another 3 years for me. I long ago gave up changing PCs every 18 months and spend the savings on a holiday :thumbsup:

Just buy another 1gb of RAM for about £15 and it will be like a new PC as 1gb isnt quite enough for vista.

Original Poster

Does anyone know how much I would get if I was going to sell this??

shopaholic_blond;4556361

Does anyone know how much I would get if I was going to sell this??

I'd give you £110 for it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Where to buy women's socks1222
    2. Donate 2nd hand toys in good condition710
    3. Looking for 9ct gold hoop earrings please?33
    4. Amazon - No more easy returns?813

See more discussions