Dell have not sent me order confirmation email a week. Anyone else?

Found 17th Jan 2013
Hi all. I placed an order last week for an Alienware I managed to buy on Dell's Outlet. I received an order acknowledgement but have yet to receive an email to confirm the order. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem as I normally expect to receive such email on the same day. Dell also have not taken/reserved the money from my bank.

It doesn't look like I can call them about this order unless I have the order number which comes in the order confirmation email. Also, I have ordered quite a few laptops from Dell over the years so can they have blocked me (didn't even think Dell have the ability to do such a thing as they're departments are all over the place normally). Really unsure what's happening so can anyone shed any light on why this might be. Thanks.
Community Updates
7 Comments
Go onto there outlet site and then chat 2 one of the outlet team on online chat
Yeah, they always block people who buy quite a few laptops.

I presume you mean you've ordered quite a few but then changed your mind and returned them? If that's the case then I don't know if they would block you or not. But they should do.
Original Poster
No, never done that. Always gone through with the order. Will ask on chat tomorrow and hopefully find out.
cheaperbythe12

No, never done that. Always gone through with the order. Will ask on chat … No, never done that. Always gone through with the order. Will ask on chat tomorrow and hopefully find out.

So why on earth would you even consider the notion that they might have blocked you?
Original Poster
Only because they haven't sent an email confirmation and also haven't taken/reserved funds from my bank account. Just a bit strange, that's all.
Edited by: "cheaperbythe12" 17th Jan 2013
Original Poster
UPDATE: Phoned Dell yesterday and they told me they had had a few problems with some people's orders on the Outlet last week, resulting in some orders not submitting properly. They had to re-submit my order from Tuesday and I've just received order confirmation.

If anyone else has this issue, you may want to phone customer care as that appears the only way to have the order submitted, at least that's what the operator told me.
You should have asked from some discount
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions