Dell : Help Needed with UK customer support

Found 11th Mar
Hello All,

I've got an ongoing issue with my Dell laptop - I have spoken to the tech support team in India quite a lot, but I get the feeling they don't have much power to do a lot.....

Does anyone have details of a UK based support team that could help with my XPS laptop?

All help is appreciated.

BRD
Community Updates
AskElectronics
5 Comments
What is the issue with your xps laptop?
Dell's Indian support is as inflexible as it is because their employees are obliged to follow the troubleshooting and countermeasures laid out by the Dell Solutions Network flowchart. Dell's British support is for relationship and business partners only, or (iirc) buyers of the company's HEDTs, like the Alienware range.

Your best bets are to follow what the indians tell you (no matter how irrelevant it might sound - they have to say it, and can't proceed unless you follow their instructions and answer their questions), or to ask for escalations. Personally, I'd opt for the former, and just be a little imaginative with the truth. They don't know if you havn't really reinstalled Windows, and they don't care either - in my time in British support, I'd occasionally sit there hoping people would just lie to me so we could overcome the stalemate and I could send an engineer out to them.
Edited by: "dxx" 11th Mar
dxx9 m ago

Dell's Indian support is as inflexible as it is because their employees …Dell's Indian support is as inflexible as it is because their employees are obliged to follow the troubleshooting and countermeasures laid out by the Dell Solutions Network flowchart. Dell's British support is for relationship and business partners only, or (iirc) buyers of the company's HEDTs, like the Alienware range.Your best bets are to follow what the indians tell you (no matter how irrelevant it might sound - they have to say it, and can't proceed unless you follow their instructions and answer their questions), or to ask for escalations. Personally, I'd opt for the former, and just be a little imaginative with the truth. They don't know if you havn't really reinstalled Windows, and they don't care either - in my time in British support, I'd occasionally sit there hoping people would just lie to me so we could overcome the stalemate and I could send an engineer out to them.

Thank you DXX. The Indian teams have been great, though a little keen to keep trying to fix an unfixable problem. The situation I'm at now, is that I want recompense in some form for time taken, and this weeks mess-up. I'm not sure they can help.....
Bertz9911th Mar

What is the issue with your xps laptop?

Bertz99, its' a 4k UHD screen, but the dark contrast is bad - you cannot pick out background detail in any film that has a dark backdrop. We've tried updating software, changing BIOS, you name it. Eventually, after an incorrect arrival date, an engineer came out and replaced my screen and battery........but when he left I realised the laptop wouldn't switch on, not because the battery was flat, but because something was wrong. Engineer coming tomorrow..........but I really want recompense for all the time wasted (it's my work laptop, and I'm a freelancer)
bigreddog15 h, 31 m ago

Bertz99, its' a 4k UHD screen, but the dark contrast is bad - you cannot …Bertz99, its' a 4k UHD screen, but the dark contrast is bad - you cannot pick out background detail in any film that has a dark backdrop. We've tried updating software, changing BIOS, you name it. Eventually, after an incorrect arrival date, an engineer came out and replaced my screen and battery........but when he left I realised the laptop wouldn't switch on, not because the battery was flat, but because something was wrong. Engineer coming tomorrow..........but I really want recompense for all the time wasted (it's my work laptop, and I'm a freelancer)

They won't compensate for the time wasted. If you ask to speak to a supervisor then they are really good at solving any enquiries. They might send you a online discount code if your really lucky as they sent me £30, i can't remember what my complaint was but prices were very expensive for accessories on dell website so I had no clue what to buy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants