Dell inspiron 13 5000

LocalFound 23rd May 2017
Hi.

Can anyone advise if the Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series laptop is any good?

Has 256GB SSD, 1080p Screen, i5 7200, and 8GB RAM. Whats the battery life like, and any general reviews of members who own this please?

At £539 on ebay (New other), is that good value for money?

Thanks
Community Updates
AskDellDell Laptop
7 Comments
would say it was a good deal for a new laptop with those specs. what do they say is new (other)
quincie87

would say it was a good deal for a new laptop with those specs. what do … would say it was a good deal for a new laptop with those specs. what do they say is new (other)

New and unused with absolutely no sign​single of wear..."
Remember though if it's from a private seller the item may have no warranty. Best to check Dell's warranty terms and conditions before parting with more than 500 notes. You are only saving £60.00 against Currys price
Edited by: "Smartguy1" 23rd May 2017
Smartguy1

Remember though if it's from a private seller the item may have no … Remember though if it's from a private seller the item may have no warranty. Best to check Dell's warranty terms and conditions before parting with more than 500 notes. You are only saving £60.00 against Currys price

​It is from Currys ebay store btw....
merelee

It is from Currys ebay store btw....

That makes a massive difference in my opinion as I am sure it will be covered by their warranty. I used to be quite funny about buying laptops as second hand or as new but no longer. I have had some bargains, one a refurbished Lenovo from Argos ebay and the other was in fact an Asus TP300 Flip sold by a private seller but was a genuine item. Both good. I would go for the deal. I was looking at the very same model as you but went for the Asus Flip in the end. HP Spectre looks nice as an alternative but quite expensive also.
Smartguy1

That makes a massive difference in my opinion as I am sure it will be … That makes a massive difference in my opinion as I am sure it will be covered by their warranty. I used to be quite funny about buying laptops as second hand or as new but no longer. I have had some bargains, one a refurbished Lenovo from Argos ebay and the other was in fact an Asus TP300 Flip sold by a private seller but was a genuine item. Both good. I would go for the deal. I was looking at the very same model as you but went for the Asus Flip in the end. HP Spectre looks nice as an alternative but quite expensive also.

​Okay... would you recommend the Asus flip more than this? And for what reason?
It's a slightly different league. The Asus Flip I bought was used, just under two years old but it runs an i7 and was nice for what I paid for it. The Dell would still be on my shopping list if buying new but bear in mind recently the replacement for the Flip that I have was recently on offer at AO.com for £470.00. The spec on the Dell is better but the Asus had a 4k QHD screen but doubt if you would see much quality difference at this screen size. I would still have a look at the HP X360 Spectre if you want a laptop with a 360 degree hinge. Lenovo have some good offering as well. A long time ago I would never have bought a Dell but times change and they seem to have a respectable market place now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants