Dell Inspiron 1501 (Dual Core, week old)

Found 8th Feb 2007
Edit: Sorted with Dell now, no longer for sale.

9 Comments

Why dont you just return it to Dell?

They may try and charge you £60 processing fee, but if you are polite and good on the phone you can maby get out of that some how.

Original Poster

Ah, I just posted something on a different forum section about that. I shall give them a call and see, thanks.

I think you've exceeded the 7 day rule for distance selling...have Dell other rules that extend this??..anyway just a reminder that the rules for selling on here is that you give a price.

currychops

I think you've exceeded the 7 day rule for distance selling...have Dell … I think you've exceeded the 7 day rule for distance selling...have Dell other rules that extend this??..anyway just a reminder that the rules for selling on here is that you give a price.

It's 7 working days.. starting day after delivery so he may still be within his rights to return for full refund though he is liable for postage cost.

Original Poster

This is potentially good news...does anyone know which area of Dell I would phone to talk about this? I tried Customer Service but got stuck in an automated loop.

01344 860 456 - Dell head office swicthboard; should be able to advise / put you through,

Original Poster

Brilliant, thank you.

Phoned them just now, they tried to say it was after 7 days, but I pointed out Sunday wasn't a working day (which I wouldn't have known) so he offered me £30 cashback (managers commission or something) to keep the laptop. It was a little tempting but I still went ahead with the refund, it gets collected on Monday.

Thanks for the help. Can a mod please rename the topic title?

No problem. Glad you got it sorted. Might have to try that trick of phoning pretending to want to return for a little extra cashback if I ever buy from dell again.

great stuff..so the thread can be closed then?
Post a comment
@
    Text