Groups
    EXPIRED

Dell Inspiron 530 PDC E2220 2GB 160GB Desktop

Is this good enough for teenager to play online games and download a few programs ?

It has a Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processor.
    I don't need a monitor as we have 2 spare!

8 Comments

jacquibaby;5687834

]http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-3426.aspx

It depends what games ?.

Original Poster

He plays combat arms

Original Poster

I am thinking that the 2nd ]http//di…spx is the better of the two.

Basically, his motherboard died on his almost 3 yr old computer at a time when I don't have spare bucks to buy a mega nice one but still don't want a dodo.
    There's no life-expectancy for a computer is there?

jacquibaby;5687891

He plays combat arms

For a game like that you want as good a graphics card as possible, the processor isn't that relevent.

Is there no chance of a repair on his PC,Also can you find out what spec his current PC is as that will give an idea of what he is expecting ,

Original Poster

It doesn't seem that hot a computer, £120 to "fix" runs xp, 3 yrs old now, was/is a hp m7415uk
    Mother-in-law paid about £440 for it. It''s proabably crap compared to the ones for under £300 now!
    I'm still tempted by the ebuyer deal for £340-60 or wahtever it's gone up to now. But still would love something under £300.

jacquibaby;5711012

It doesn't seem that hot a computer, £120 to "fix" runs xp, 3 yrs old … It doesn't seem that hot a computer, £120 to "fix" runs xp, 3 yrs old now, was/is a hp m7415uk Mother-in-law paid about £440 for it. It''s proabably crap compared to the ones for under £300 now!I'm still tempted by the ebuyer deal for £340-60 or wahtever it's gone up to now. But still would love something under £300.

I have a couple of PCs i am selling as i am building a gaming PC, I would include a 8800gt graphics card and a 500w psu so they would be good for games,One is a packard bell imedia 1559 pentium dual core with XP and the other is a Emachines E4264 vista core 2 duo e4600 2.6 ghz
    You could have the packard bell for £160 or the Emachines for £210 which includes the card and PSU which are worth £90.
    I understand if you would rather have new but remeber if you buy new .
    The dell is a decent machine but would need £80 for a graphics card ,
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions