Groups

Dell Inspiron 6400 Battery Replacement - Help!!

My Inspiron 6 cell battery died within 13 months of purchase. As, it was out of the 1 year warranty, Dell will not replace it and I will have to buy a new one. The battery available on Dell website is very costly - £125, so I have decided to look elsewhere for a replacement battery.

A friend of mine is coming back from US next week and can bring the battery fro me.

I looks on PriceGrabber US and found that these merchants are offering just what I need:

usbphoneworld.com/lbd…tml

westcoastpower.net/ins…tml

But is it advisable to buy the 'Compatible' batteries, which are not from the OEM, but are build to OEM specifications.

I know that Dell recalled 4m batteries some time back, so am a bit worried before going forward to buy the "Compatible but no original" battery.

Should I go forward with my purchase??

9 Comments

You can get unofficial batteries on ebay from hong kong quite cheap about 27 quid. Not sure of the quality but i'm sure if they're no good you could get a refund. Hope this helps

Original Poster

Thanks!!

EBay HK is too dodgy in my opinion, items take months to arrive and seller is least bothered about the quality of the item.

I had problems too - still nto got one yet but I think I'm gonna cough up and buy a proper dell one.

]http//ww…-1/

kaku_lala;3247090

Thanks!!EBay HK is too dodgy in my opinion, items take months to arrive … Thanks!!EBay HK is too dodgy in my opinion, items take months to arrive and seller is least bothered about the quality of the item.

Not true, maybe the quality, My Vostro 1000 (uses the same battery i believe) also's battery died after 13 months.

Ordered a 9 cell from HK for £30 delivered, came in 4 working days and ive been using it for 5 days now and i get at least 3 hours out of it, if low light 4, so no wifi maybe 5.
    Dunno if it'll **** out in a few months but I got 3 months warrenty on it.

I've heard batteries are the one thing you can't mess around with on electronics, as a fake one can cause burn out the machine itself (not just the battery), even though i don't understand how.

I'm having the same problem as you, with the exact same product too (inspiron 6400) but the prices dell are asking for are ridiculous, i'd rather spend a little more and get a better and brand new laptop

worto03;3247160

I had problems too - still nto got one yet but I think I'm gonna cough up … I had problems too - still nto got one yet but I think I'm gonna cough up and buy a proper dell one.]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/245504/replacement-dell-battery-inspiron-1/

Ok, if you gonna fork out for one, try calling Dell you always get things cheaper
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheap 'smart phone' for child wanted.11
      2. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.813
      3. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA33
      4. Recommendations for decent/cheap noise cancelling earphones please33

See more discussions