Dell Inspiron 7577 Gaming Laptop - Discussion

Edited by:"Ninjasquirrel5"Found 15th Dec 2017
Not sure why the original thread was deleted so I thought I would create this one so that you guys can exchange updates etc. I'm interested to know if the orders will be honoured.
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments
Yeah I just gotta say I've been obsessively checking this chat over the past few days to see how people are going with the "Dell saga" as I've been referring to it and it seems like for most people it will be a somewhat happy ending, despite Dell being slightly douchewaddy. I hope you all get your laptops before christmas and are as excited as I was when they arrive (I haven't run that fast from a bus stop to home since 3rd grade). Merry Christmas to all!
Thanks guys. Sounds like I'm not going to be one of the lucky ones. Bah!

Having said that, six weeks ago, the wife & I were on holiday in South Africa. We were driving along the N2 highway when I lost control of the rental car we were in. The car skidded right across the central reservation of the motorway into two lanes of oncoming traffic. We only hit the one van. The car was a complete write-off but both of us survived with just a few cuts & bruises.

I think I probably used up a years worth of good luck in those few critical seconds so maybe it's karma that someone else gets the cheap laptop!
451 Comments
Why was the thread deleted?
Wtf how did you get headset as well?
Didn't even realise that my order came with the headset too, hopefully it doesn't get cancelled now!
Btw i just got conformation email and its showing as full price wtf is going on?
Just received order confirmed email😊 hopefully that means all is good
Also why was the thread even deleted and not expired?
mine is shipped , didn't order with the VR headset though but for the price I can't complain.
yeah its a bargain without the headset but with the head its almost like theft i dont even know how they got that deal?
Did you order with the gaming300 code?
Original Poster
Sounds like some people got the laptop only for £669 (me!) and others got both the headset and laptop. Interesting.
I ordered the base laptop (without the VR stuff). Both my order acknowledgement and Paypal emails show £669.00. I used the GAMING300 code as I haven't been a student since 1978 (ie when laptops and mobiles didn't exist!).

DAVEYYYY3 - if my laptop materialises, I might take you up on your kind offer. In the meantime, if you get a solid offer for the headset, take it and don't wait for me.
Edited by: "Joe90_guy" 15th Dec 2017
Mine doesn't show the headset, but still a fantastic deal to replace my ancient Dell 15R SE!
How did people get the headset as well?
Like a complete amateur, I've ordered this twice - both without the VR headset, but my second order was using the GAMING300 code. I can't cancel it online as it doesn't show up in my order history yet, and I can't speak to anyone about it until Monday morning. ARRRRGH.

For those who've got shipping notification, when did you order yours?
DAVEYYYYY352 m ago

Called support no issues got mine arriving 21/12/2017 headset and …Called support no issues got mine arriving 21/12/2017 headset and laptop 669 [Image]

How did you manage that Daveyyyy3 ????
Ninjasquirrel528 m ago

Sounds like some people got the laptop only for £669 (me!) and others got …Sounds like some people got the laptop only for £669 (me!) and others got both the headset and laptop. Interesting.

How?
Thats an absolute bonkers deal davey if it has been shipped, think ive been scamed my conformation email is showing as 988.99 when i ordered at 669
arnold.rimmer1 m ago

Thats an absolute bonkers deal davey if it has been shipped, think ive …Thats an absolute bonkers deal davey if it has been shipped, think ive been scamed my conformation email is showing as 988.99 when i ordered at 669

My order did that at confirmation page, i had to click back to get it to work
Original Poster
sim114 m ago

How?

I'm not sure how people got both. I'm wondering the same thing...
Daveyyyy3 and adamkaty
Can you please enlighten us all how you got the headset? What did you do so different from the rest of us. Cause i am trying everything in my basket and it is not coming up at all
I think Dell fiddled with the site (ie made the headset non removable and made it free but,bumped the price of the laptop up to £1399 instead of £969. But I believe some people managed to buy the deal between Dell making the headset free but, before they increased the price of the laptop. Lucky buggers.
I ordered the laptop soon after the deal was posted using the studentbeans code, removed the headset to get it to 669. Then I was trying the Gaming300 code to see if it was legit or not, and somehow it showed up like daveeys post, so I bought it. Interesting thing is both acknowledgement emails say that the headset is included , but the order confirmations emails say nothing about the headset being included.
Edited by: "cal__" 15th Dec 2017
It was completely mental, say the deal but wasn't a student (well only enough to have a NUS card anyway). A few kind people posted their student codes - didn't manage to use one of those in time. Then out of nowhere the GAMING300 code came. Used straight away (removing the handset) and bought for £669. Now starts the long wait to see if its honored. Don't know if the fact the thread was pulled makes it any more likely or not. Can't believe some seem to of managed to get it for £669 inc the headset as well! Good luck to all.
Mine is showing as shipped, I order the laptop only. The summary does list 'Bundle - Dell Visor + Dell Visor Controllers' although the shipping details list one package being sent.
Yep, mine showing as shipped as well now.
Asura4 m ago

Mine is showing as shipped, I order the laptop only. The summary does list …Mine is showing as shipped, I order the laptop only. The summary does list 'Bundle - Dell Visor + Dell Visor Controllers' although the shipping details list one package being sent.

My two orders are showing as shipped as well. I only wanted one, last time I ordered something from dell it took them a week to ship it, I thought I'd be able to cancel one of them! What's their returns process like?
I think we all need to wait for it to be delivered. Then ask where our free headset is
Asura10 m ago

Mine is showing as shipped, I order the laptop only. The summary does list …Mine is showing as shipped, I order the laptop only. The summary does list 'Bundle - Dell Visor + Dell Visor Controllers' although the shipping details list one package being sent.

Ooooh yes just spotted that as well
MrBlammo7 m ago

My two orders are showing as shipped as well. I only wanted one, last time …My two orders are showing as shipped as well. I only wanted one, last time I ordered something from dell it took them a week to ship it, I thought I'd be able to cancel one of them! What's their returns process like?

They will attempt to recall the package from the shipping company or tell you to refuse delivery, even if you do accept it you have 14 days to send it back for a full refund - they even pay return shipping costs.
How will the performance of this compare to my desktop i5-4690K / GTX970?
Acknowledgement email says dell visor is included but shipping invoice doesnt say anything about it, oh well still a great deal
m1kedutt555 m ago

Just ordered it now, how long did it take for shipping info ? And for it …Just ordered it now, how long did it take for shipping info ? And for it to show on the order history ?

Just ordered? What price?
m1kedutt57 m ago

Had it confirmed now btw

How did you manage it i cannot remove now, no way to mess around with it
m1kedutt510 m ago

Had it confirmed now btw

Can you send me the link you used? Every time I look it's full price after the code still. £1099 can't remove the VR
m1kedutt510 m ago

Had it confirmed now btw

I just checked out as a guest. Do I need to create an account to check order history?
Joe90_guy37 m ago

I just checked out as a guest. Do I need to create an account to check …I just checked out as a guest. Do I need to create an account to check order history?

were you able to remove the headset before ordering
Edited by: "darkyy" 15th Dec 2017
can you still place the order or is too late?
darkyy14 m ago

were you able to reomove the headset before ordering

Yes. I set the counter against the head set to zero and my final bill dropped to £669. TBH, when I ordered (at 3:50 pm) I never imagined you could wangle the headset as well for £669! I was just grateful for the basic laptop.

I did watch a review of the Dell headset and whilst the reviewer praised it highly, he did stress that compared to other headsets, at 600 grams, it is on the heavy side. Apparently the similar Levovo Explorer weighs just 400 g. Of course, it one arrives free, gratis and for nothing in the box, I'll be deliriously happy!
Just read elsewhere on HUKD the coupon has stopped working!
If anyone can still access the site giving the option to remove the VR & reduce the price can you post the link please? Every time I add to basket it's not possible to do this.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants