Groups

Dell Laptop Battery return?

Banned
    I have a dell inspiron laptop, and only had it for 10 months.

The laptop is telling me that i need to replace the battery now, as it "can no longer provide sufficient power". I haven't used it that much either..

Anyone know if it is covered under the warranty? I have 64 days left on it, and have looked but can't find anything.

Thanks

9 Comments

have you been running it on the mains with the battery attached?

Original Poster Banned

Yep sometimes, as that charges it?

I think he means have you just been mostly using it mains only with the battery connected (As in not solely using the battery.....)

samthorley

I have a dell inspiron laptop, and only had it for 10 months. The laptop … I have a dell inspiron laptop, and only had it for 10 months. The laptop is telling me that i need to replace the battery now, as it "can no longer provide sufficient power". I haven't used it that much either..Anyone know if it is covered under the warranty? I have 64 days left on it, and have looked but can't find anything.Thanks

Mine was covered by the warrenty they sent be a new one out within 3 days

can you check on the dell website? they have a warranty section where you input the service tag details. if that fails think you should give them a call :0870 906 0010

Dont you need to keep the battery in when charging from the mains?

I think they mean using the mains cnstantly and not using the battery odriscoll.

Original Poster Banned

Thanks guys

Spoke to Dell and they sent me a new battery, got it today

Rep for helping, cheers

No problem, they ask for the old oe back?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …80138
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846283
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30401
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?34207

See more discussions