Groups

Dell laptop help!

3rd time ive had to have a part changed in under 5 months.

what wrights do i have, i lose my laptop for 2 weeks every time they repair it.

surely it shouldn't need repaired after 5 month, especially not 3 times.

11 Comments

the time to worry is like with mine when the fault they repaired when it was 6 months old happened at 13months again and they wanted to charge me £200...never buy a dell again.

What part has failed?

mine overheated and switched off..they sent an engineer out next day-he replaced the heat sync, fan and motherboard (im not tech so i think its right) at 13months same thing happened and they told me i needed all 3 things again total cost over £200

they did make me an offer if i bought the three year cover around £140(more then it was originally if i had bought it)they would fix it...ive just caried on using it and when it goes it goes next time-to the tip!

Banned

To be fair, you have the right to spell as badly as i do, oh wait...

I would ask for a new machine.

what part is faulty and where did you buy it from as diffrent company have diffrent repair terms

Original Poster

Bought direct from Dell.

1st 2 repairs where -
    heat sync, fan and motherboard
    both in the 1st month of having the system

and just today ive had them do a remote scan and its error with the hard drive.

3 times in 6months when is the point that they replace the system?? getting sick
    Edited by: "JonnyDixon1990" 4th May 2011

JonnyDixon1990

Bought direct from Dell.1st 2 repairs where - heat sync, fan and … Bought direct from Dell.1st 2 repairs where - heat sync, fan and motherboardboth in the 1st month of having the systemand just today ive had them do a remote scan and its error with the hard drive.3 times in 6months when is the point that they replace the system?? getting sick

They should have replaced it not repaired it in that first month really. That doesn't seem like very good customer service to me.

same as my repair
    mine was from dell diectly too..its a vostro 1000

JonnyDixon1990

Bought direct from Dell.1st 2 repairs where - heat sync, fan and … Bought direct from Dell.1st 2 repairs where - heat sync, fan and motherboardboth in the 1st month of having the systemand just today ive had them do a remote scan and its error with the hard drive.3 times in 6months when is the point that they replace the system?? getting sick

Original Poster

guess they done me

3 repairs = a new machine imo.
    Email this chap Paolo_Jose_Relova@Dell.com at customer services, I found him incredibly helpful when I had an issue with a new machine.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…77
      2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism69
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764316
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31157

See more discussions