Dell Laptop models that support port replicator docking station

6 replies
Found 5th Jan
i have a docking station setup at home and am looking for a dell laptop. the newer dells use a usb docking station but what were the last models that supported the port replicator type?

also im looking for an i5+ with 16gb ram. ideally with ssd but im prepared to add that myself if i have to. any suggestions would be great.

6 Comments

Try the latitude 7240, not sure about the 7250.

Are you looking to re-use your old docking station or willing to buy a new one?
if the former you are likely to need to stay in the same family / generation as your current laptop as docking stations tend to change every 2 or 3 years...

Would you be looking more at a business model if you want that sort of docking station? I've only ever seen docks for business models (although I quite like the idea of a USB c docking station when the industries catch up)

The latest business models use docking stations. I have a Latitude E7470 on a docking station. Mine is i7 with 500Gb SSD (company supplied) so they are available.

Original Poster

Boringgit

Are you looking to re-use your old docking station or willing to buy a … Are you looking to re-use your old docking station or willing to buy a new one? if the former you are likely to need to stay in the same family / generation as your current laptop as docking stations tend to change every 2 or 3 years...

Possibly use the same one. I have had a few Dell Laptops from work, I have had a E5xxx,, currently e6xxx and for a short time an E7xxx.

Original Poster

njpugh90

Would you be looking more at a business model if you want that sort of … Would you be looking more at a business model if you want that sort of docking station? I've only ever seen docks for business models (although I quite like the idea of a USB c docking station when the industries catch up)

I am fine with a business laptop, I'd be prepared to pay for that. In the last e7xxx I had it was limited to 8GB ram, you could not add 2x8GB, i'd have to buy a 1x16GB.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769594
    2. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz11
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…53116
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48911003

See more discussions