Groups
    EXPIRED

Dell laptop prob....Inspiron 1300

Just re-installed XP on the above laptop with the kosher Dell disks but am having probs with the keyboard. The "@" and the "#" signs are in the wrong place etc.

Thought it was a country setting but it's all set to UK. The keyboard in control panel says English UK 102 key and there is no actual driver for it anywhere on Dell site or disks

Any clues clever bods ?

6 Comments

Go to setting, select regional and language, option.select the advanced tab, select UK from the drop down menu. Ok and exit, this will make you keyboard UK and not US. Any probs, email me and I will be glad to assist.

Original Poster

Tried that, no joy I'm afraid. Mailed you, cheers

Check that your language is not USA, you could remove it from the first tab? I do this every time I install a fresh XP on my PC or any other Laptop?

Original Poster

joe6996;5768410

Go to setting, select regional and language, option.select the advanced … Go to setting, select regional and language, option.select the advanced tab, select UK from the drop down menu. Ok and exit, this will make you keyboard UK and not US. Any probs, email me and I will be glad to assist.

Can't mail you for some reason ?? :?

Just remembered, try the second tab (Languages) click on details, and select UK in the drop down default inout language.

Original Poster

That was the one, cheers Joe. Rep added :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …93169
      2. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good55
      3. Updated 22/8/17: List of companies which spam or have been hacked2883
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1215

See more discussions