Groups
    EXPIRED

Dell Mini 9 Netbook for OSX

Does anyone have any info on any deals on these as I am interested in putting OSX on it. I have heard these require the least modding and work really well.

I have a Macbook Pro but I need a mac (or hack) for carting to and from work on a bike and I think this would be the ticket.

Any other recommendations would also be useful

2 Comments

If you're asking how to do it then Google is your friend, if you're asking about deals on Dells then they are mostly found at ... Dell. Mini 9 is discontinued apparently. Perhaps Dell refurbs.

Look for Hackintosh sites for other advice. ISTR you need a retail copy of OSX to install from, the ones that come with purchased products are product specific and will not work but I could be wrong.

Original Poster

valueseeker;5859491

If you're asking how to do it then Google is your friend, if you're … If you're asking how to do it then Google is your friend, if you're asking about deals on Dells then they are mostly found at ... Dell. Mini 9 is discontinued apparently. Perhaps Dell refurbs. Look for Hackintosh sites for other advice. ISTR you need a retail copy of OSX to install from, the ones that come with purchased products are product specific and will not work but I could be wrong.

Thanks, no I know how to do it but I just want a deal. Couldn't find any on Dell site. Your right about being specific to machine - you have to have a retail copy.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HELP FORD FOCUS RADIO NOT WORKING11
      2. Looking for a deal on nowtv movies22
      3. Ekornes Stressless recliners - anyone any experience?34
      4. Parcel Hero weight adjustment45

See more discussions