Dell Offers Smoking-Hot Alienware Notebook for Less Than $1,000

8 replies
Found 8th Jan 2010
Dell decided not to bother with a heavy, power-thirsty CPU. Instead, the M11X is tricked out with a Core 2 Duo and hardware to push graphics. The NVIDIA GT35M can be switched in and out, so you can pick the internal graphics hardware for your e-mail and a 6.5-hour battery life, or fire up everything for two glorious hours of on-the-go gaming on the 720p, 1366 x 768 screen.

Read More here...
wired.com/gad…00/

8 Comments

Original Poster

Link ]here...

mmmm ...

so can swithc it on and off for when internet surfing and get the best out of it
or change it to gaming and use the battery all with in 2 hours

The ASUS has been out for over a month,
amazon.com/ASU…KXS

Id rather go for the asus, 2 yr international warranty (not with dell), and 1 yr accidental damage warranty (nohting with dell). 12/10 hrs battery (compared to 6/2hrs from dell), less than 2KGS!!! and $150 cheaper.

Switchable graphics present as well, and the usual WIFI N, BT, 4GB RAM, 500GBHDD.. overclocked CPU

unileeds;7467514

The ASUS has been out for over a month, … The ASUS has been out for over a month, http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-UL30Vt-A1-Light-13-3-Inch-Laptop/dp/B0032FOKXSId rather go for the asus, 2 yr international warranty (not with dell), and 1 yr accidental damage warranty (nohting with dell). 12/10 hrs battery (compared to 6/2hrs from dell), less than 2KGS!!! and $150 cheaper. Switchable graphics present as well, and the usual WIFI N, BT, 4GB RAM, 500GBHDD.. overclocked CPU

But it's got a G210M.

Without knowing more details on the Dell it's hard to say whether it's any good. If it has a decent CPU (Quad-core is probably pushing it, but it shouldn't be an ULV model) and is light enough, say under 2kg (they claim it's an ultraportable, but sub-1.5kg seems unlikely) then I reckon it'll be a big hit. The GT335M still gives laptop performance (i.e. low end) but at least it's got some beef.

is this hot uk deals or hot US deals?

dmaster2000;7473952

is this hot uk deals or hot US deals?

Occasionally stuff that gets sold across the pond also makes it to these shores; it has been known to happen.

EndlessWaves;7472852

But it's got a G210M.Without knowing more details on the Dell it's hard … But it's got a G210M.Without knowing more details on the Dell it's hard to say whether it's any good. If it has a decent CPU (Quad-core is probably pushing it, but it shouldn't be an ULV model) and is light enough, say under 2kg (they claim it's an ultraportable, but sub-1.5kg seems unlikely) then I reckon it'll be a big hit. The GT335M still gives laptop performance (i.e. low end) but at least it's got some beef.

The difference in the performance of the 210M and the 325M dont warrant the extra $150 or sso. Plus if battery and weight is a winner for you the Asus is definitely a better bet
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Where to sell Chinese/Japanese CDs?43
    2. private number11
    3. Is it illegal to sell train tickets?44
    4. Gas Cooker Hose Required45

See more discussions