18 Comments

should say in description

Original Poster Banned

no, i cant see nothing about it
    System Price £459.08
    Dell recommends Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional

Operating System: English Genuine Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium
    Memory: Memory Dual Channel 4.0GB (2x2048) 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    Hard Disk Drive: Hard Drive 320GB (5400rpm)
    Video: 256MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 3450
    NoteBook Screen: 15.4in Widescreen WXGA with Truelife CCFL
    CD Read-Write Drive: Optical Drive Blu-ray (DVD+-RW + BD-ROM)
    Software: BT, AOL, Tiscali ISP Combination
    MISC: Internal UK English Qwerty Keyboard
    Image Restore - Vista
    6 cell 56W HR LI-ION Battery
    Power Cord
    Vista OnLine Getting Started Guide (WW
    MS Vista Premium Logo Label NB (small
    Bubblegum Pink Microsatin Finish
    Dell Wireless 1397 (802.11 b g)

Dell recommends Microsoft® Windows® XP ProfessionalOperating System: E … Dell recommends Microsoft® Windows® XP ProfessionalOperating System: English Genuine Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium

:lol:

Original Poster Banned

yeah i know shengis, it says that on them all - lol

Please anyone help, had this in my basket for 10 miutes and if it gets removed i may lose it

post a link sass and i will have a browse for the info :-D

Original Poster Banned

faevilangel;3237606

post a link sass and i will have a browse for the info :-D

i dont think i can now as its in my basket, and not on the outlet now, so maybe only one of them

service tag 7W91T3J
    suggests its a return, sorry someone in deals just said this

link to service tag spec suggests it's a returned laptop, originally shipped 11/07/08
    support.euro.dell.com/sup…gen

if you follow the link, it looks like it may have been part of a bulk order perhaps as quantities on lhs are "50"

Original Poster Banned

thanks J9STL was just about to order, not really happy if it is a return

only sub £400 studio 15 at the moment is :
    support.euro.dell.com/sup…b=1
    bit pricey compared to some I have seen on here considering only 2gb ram
    and it's orange btw (same as my daughter's)

orange look nice imo:
    flickr.com/pho…73/

Original Poster Banned

J9STL;3237866

only sub £400 studio 15 at the moment is … only sub £400 studio 15 at the moment is :http://support.euro.dell.com/support/topics/topic.aspx/emea/shared/support/my_systems_info/en/details?c=uk&l=en&s=gen&servicetag=3y79x3j&~tab=1bit pricey compared to some I have seen on here considering only 2gb ramand it's orange btw (same as my daughter's)

thanks for looking but deffo wants pink, or it will just be the normal black, that other would have been ideal, damn and blast it :oops:

sassie;3237885

thanks for looking but deffo wants pink, or it will just be the normal … thanks for looking but deffo wants pink, or it will just be the normal black, that other would have been ideal, damn and blast it :oops:

crazy thing is, when I orderd mine 2 weeks ago, there was a pink one, same spec & cheaper than mine but my daughter deffo didn't want pink

sassie;3237694

thanks J9STL was just about to order, not really happy if it is a return

you still get warranty and everything else, just means customer didnt want item e.g. wrong colour,
    if its been repaired then it will say so

does dell outlet still have their ebay shop ? see if they got any there

Original Poster Banned

faevilangel;3238083

you still get warranty and everything else, just means customer didnt … you still get warranty and everything else, just means customer didnt want item e.g. wrong colour, if its been repaired then it will say sodoes dell outlet still have their ebay shop ? see if they got any there

i cant see it saying its a return or damaged, the service tag is 7W91T3J, do you think this is a good buy then

sassie;3238538

i cant see it saying its a return or damaged, the service tag is 7W91T3J, … i cant see it saying its a return or damaged, the service tag is 7W91T3J, do you think this is a good buy then

its showing the warranty as 264 days left

the pc was shipped to a customer on 10/07/2008

more info support.euro.dell.com/sup…b=2

the service tag shows no sign of any repairs etc sho should be fine ......

dell will cover the rest of the warranty plus you have the sale of goods act (SOGA) if it goes wrong when warranty ends

i have a dell (brand new) and never had a problem....... it should be ok but you could ring the irish support centre and ask for any info about it e.g. customer didnt want item, repaired etc

support.euro.dell.com/sup…b=1

Insp 1535 (System Identifier. FCTT6ZHD)
    Studio 1535 Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 (2.0GHz)
    English Genuine Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Price £389.23
    Dell recommends Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional

Operating System: English Genuine Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium
    Memory: Memory 3072MB (1x2048 + 1X1024) 800MHz DDR2
    Hard Disk Drive: 250GB HD (5400RPM)
    Video: 256MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 3450
    NoteBook Screen: Display LCD 15.4WXGA TLF
    CD Read-Write Drive: Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive
    MISC: Network Card 1397
    Jet Black Colour Matte Finish
    Vista OnLine Getting Started Guide (WW
    MS Vista Premium Logo Label NB (small
    Image Restore - Vista

originally intended for Italy mid september- may never have been shipped?
    no blu-ray, no pink case but sub £400

None of the outlet machines I've bought have been any different from brand new despite some of them being returned machines, they were all properly sealed up and looked untouched.

John

Banned

faevilangel;3238646

its showing the warranty as 264 days left the pc was shipped to a … its showing the warranty as 264 days left the pc was shipped to a customer on 10/07/2008more info http://support.euro.dell.com/support/topics/topic.aspx/emea/shared/support/my_systems_info/en/details?c=uk&l=en&s=gen&~tab=2the service tag shows no sign of any repairs etc sho should be fine ......dell will cover the rest of the warranty plus you have the sale of goods act (SOGA) if it goes wrong when warranty endsi have a dell (brand new) and never had a problem....... it should be ok but you could ring the irish support centre and ask for any info about it e.g. customer didnt want item, repaired etc

If the warranty started in July doesn't this prove that the laptop was used and that someone filled in and returned the warranty card? I had a similar experience years ago when Currys sent me a supposedly brand new telly but when I opened it the guarantee card was filled out in someone else's name.

If Dell give you all the information on this laptop in advance and promise to fulfill the remainder of the guarantee should a problem arise then it sounds like a pretty good deal. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?33194
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News56
      3. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      4. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218

See more discussions