Dell Poweredge T300 Server and dual monitor capable Win 10 graphics card

Found 13th Nov 2017
Dell Poweredge T300 Server and dual monitor capable Win 10 graphics card

I have a Dell Poweredge T300 Server which has Two PCIe x 8 Two PCIe x 4 and One PCI-X 64/133 slots. It was running Win 7, now upgraded to Win 10. But I has a problem, the ATI 256mb PCIe x 1 graphics card will not run in dual monitor mode on Windows 10. I can buy another PCIe x 1 graphics card very cheap from e-bay that will run dual monitor mode on Win 10. Can I would I be better off putting a PCIe x16 card with more memory in the PCI-X 64/133 slot? I don’t do anything that’s graphic intensive.

Many thanks

Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
You'd be better off just getting a cheap PCIe graphics card that will support dual monitors tbh
PCI-X was a different standard to PCI-Express and isn't compatible, you won't physically be able to put a PCI-E x16 card in that slot.

I'd check to see whether any of the other slots are either x16 physically or have an open end so you can put an x16 card in them. The more limited speed won't matter.
EndlessWaves2 h, 3 m ago

PCI-X was a different standard to PCI-Express and isn't compatible, you …PCI-X was a different standard to PCI-Express and isn't compatible, you won't physically be able to put a PCI-E x16 card in that slot.I'd check to see whether any of the other slots are either x16 physically or have an open end so you can put an x16 card in them. The more limited speed won't matter.

Thanks for the replies. The slots are physically x4 or x8 and the ends are not open and there are components in the way preventing me from opening them up. Could I use a more powerful graphics card in a PCIe 8X to 16X Slot Riser?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants