Groups

Dell Returns

Hi everyone,

I bought a Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop a few weeks ago (about 3) and I keep having keyboard errors at startup, 'Keyboard Failure, press F1 to continue' and I have to switch the pc off by the power, take the keyboard usb out and reinsert. This sometimes gets rid of the problem but other times it doesnt. I have to turn it off and on about 5 times most days before it starts. Im just wondering because its so new could I ask dell to collect it and get a refund.

I have also tried other keyboards (usb) and get the same problem!!! Really strange.

Thanks in advance

18 Comments

Original Poster

Oh and its been like this since the start (actually the second ever boot up of the pc)

Did you buy it without warranty?

Think their might be a 30 day warranty.......Possibly.

Iom-RF

Did you buy it without warranty?Think their might be a 30 day … Did you buy it without warranty?Think their might be a 30 day warranty.......Possibly.

The base warranty is 1 year :?

Original Poster

I have this option:

1 Year Base Warranty - Collect & Return

Am I entitled to a refund?

Thanks

Bryan839

I have this option:1 Year Base Warranty - Collect & ReturnAm I entitled … I have this option:1 Year Base Warranty - Collect & ReturnAm I entitled to a refund?Thanks

I think the return to manufacture after purchase is 7 days, i think you can just get it fixed now. Mike will know more :thinking:

Original Poster

emasu

I think the return to manufacture after purchase is 7 days, i think you … I think the return to manufacture after purchase is 7 days, i think you can just get it fixed now. Mike will know more :thinking:

Thanks, just pmed him. Do you think they would give a refund because its been like this since the start.

Bryan839

I have this option:1 Year Base Warranty - Collect & ReturnAm I entitled … I have this option:1 Year Base Warranty - Collect & ReturnAm I entitled to a refund?Thanks

Not 100% sure, You'd probably be better off ringing Dell and asking.

I think it might be 30 days to return an item, You will be able to get it repaired though.

Original Poster

Iom-RF

Not 100% sure, You'd probably be better off ringing Dell and asking.I … Not 100% sure, You'd probably be better off ringing Dell and asking.I think it might be 30 days to return an item, You will be able to get it repaired though.

Thanks very much for your help. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

I have left you both rep, thanks very much for you help.

Original Poster

Iom-RF

Not 100% sure, You'd probably be better off ringing Dell and asking.I … Not 100% sure, You'd probably be better off ringing Dell and asking.I think it might be 30 days to return an item, You will be able to get it repaired though.

I am on live chat with them on their website now, I think I would rather have a refund rather than trying to sort it out, I havnt had time to tell them about the issue because I have been on holidays and hoped the issue would go away.

Bryan839

I am on live chat with them on their website now, I think I would rather … I am on live chat with them on their website now, I think I would rather have a refund rather than trying to sort it out, I havnt had time to tell them about the issue because I have been on holidays and hoped the issue would go away.

what was the outcome?

Original Poster

shanecr

what was the outcome?

Well they called me at 3pm, on the phone for an hour, I was getting the 'Keyboard failure' even when the keyboard wasnt plugged in! So she allowed me to have a refund, she told me that walsh western will call me to arrange delivery next week.

I have now ordered a Vostro 200 from the deal posted today. Hopefully I will have more luck with this one. I had:

E6550 Core 2 Duo Processor (2.33GHz, 1333Mhz FSB, 4MB cache)
    2GB Dual Channel DDR2 667MHz [2x1024MB] Memory
    500GB Serial ATA2 Non Raid (2x250GB) 7200Rpm Dual HDD
    ATIX1300 Pro 256Mb (2x DVI or VGA, 1x S-Video)
    Value 19'' Wide Flat Panel
    Windows Vista Ultimate
    Logitech Cordless Desktop EX110

£511

Estimated delivery date: 31/08

Iom-RF

I know Bryan has now got this sorted but for future referance it's covered under SOGA for a year - with an entitlement to a refund within first 6 months on demand should you find a fault & repair or refund at company discretion in latter 6 (plus any manufacturers/ extended warranty purchased).

PS The vostro looks nice but if you can stretch it amend the order for a £668 dimension 9200 quad core with 22" widescreen (and if you can't afford it flog the widescreen to cover differance!).

Sorry just had to lol at that

"Keyboard failure, press F1 to continue" LOL:giggle:

Original Poster

t0mm

Sorry just had to lol at that"Keyboard failure, press F1 to continue" … Sorry just had to lol at that"Keyboard failure, press F1 to continue" LOL:giggle:

I laughed at that aswell.

Original Poster

My new dell is supposed to be delivered on or before the 31/08, but isnt that a bank holiday?

Its only an estimate, i'd say it'll be here by next friday.

Original Poster

t0mm

Its only an estimate, i'd say it'll be here by next friday.

I hope so. Thanks :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…77
      2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism69
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764316
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31157

See more discussions