DELL S2817Q backlight gone - Under Currys warranty no receipt HELP

Posted 21st MarEdited by:"montana78"
Hi guys, I've been given a Dell 4k monitor which was bought secondhand. Last month the screen decided to go. I checked serial number and the monotors 3yr warranty runs out in May. I rang Dell and they did all checks and just as they were authorisng the replacement they saw it was purchased from Curry's. Now they're saying I need to go Curry's. Curry's need a receipt which I dont have.

What are my options?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
if you can get the credit card details and purchase date, Currys can find it.
ccnp21/03/2020 20:27

if you can get the credit card details and purchase date, Currys can find …if you can get the credit card details and purchase date, Currys can find it.

3rd hand monitor..... unlikely
I've never heard of a manufacturer telling you to bring it back to the store, seems pointless (all Currys would do is send it back to Dell...).

Currys won't take it back without proof of purchase, I'd keep pushing with Dell, saying it was received from someone who doesn't have the proof of purchase any more.
Currys strike again
Is this manufacturer warranty or retailer warranty? Sounds like manufacturer so not sure why they are telling you to go Currys? Keep pushing for dell.
Edited by: "MR1123" 21st Mar
It is possible that Dell supply monitors to Currys without warranty and Currys assume warranty responsibility. Because monitors tend to be fairly reliable, Currys may get a big enough discount on the deal to take the chance that they will have to replace a few. If that's how it works then OP is at Currys' mercy, not a place I'd like to be...
MR112321/03/2020 22:06

Is this manufacturer warranty or retailer warranty? Sounds like …Is this manufacturer warranty or retailer warranty? Sounds like manufacturer so not sure why they are telling you to go Currys? Keep pushing for dell.

If manufacturer warranty, Dell will legitimately want to see the transfer of ownership cert:
dell.com/sup…dt1

If Currys' legal guarantee or Currys' extended warranty, Currys will legitimately wish to view proof of purchase.
AndyRoyd21/03/2020 22:47

If manufacturer warranty, Dell will legitimately want to see the transfer …If manufacturer warranty, Dell will legitimately want to see the transfer of ownership cert:https://www.dell.com/support/assets-transfer/uk/en/ukbsdt1#/IdentifyIf Currys' legal guarantee or Currys' extended warranty, Currys will legitimately wish to view proof of purchase.

Have claimed on warranty with various companies in the past, even though they ask for receipt on the phone, when it comes to shipping the item and instructions it doesn't mention it and I didn't send it, lthough this will be different in person.
Edited by: "MR1123" 21st Mar
If it’s 2/3rd hand and no receipt you’re out of luck. They’re fully operating within the law to refuse it.
RChew6921/03/2020 22:13

It is possible that Dell supply monitors to Currys without warranty and …It is possible that Dell supply monitors to Currys without warranty and Currys assume warranty responsibility. Because monitors tend to be fairly reliable, Currys may get a big enough discount on the deal to take the chance that they will have to replace a few. If that's how it works then OP is at Currys' mercy, not a place I'd like to be...

Far more likely via Dell's "3 years Advanced Exchange Basic Warranty" as stated at Currys Business site at business.currys.co.uk/cat…59P and itemised as www1.euro.dell.com/con…abs
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants