Groups

Dell Studio Laptops - What is this latency issue?

Been looking at getting a Dell Studio 15 or 17. Either of these:

configure.euro.dell.com/del…d6b

configure.euro.dell.com/del…dhs

But keep reading about the studios having latency issues. What do these latency problems mean? What do these issues affect? No luck finding out specifically on google.

I need a high spec fast laptop to use for work with alot of multitasking, but would also like to be able to use it to play music, watch movies, stream from iplayer/4od, & general internet stuff.

Anyone know of any other laptops with the i7 processors for less than £800?

Rep for useful help/knowledge/advice.

5 Comments

urm ive had a a dell studio and ive had no issues at all, make sure u get the backlit keypad it looks the bomb

Original Poster

golemsmate;6800396

urm ive had a a dell studio and ive had no issues at all, make sure u get … urm ive had a a dell studio and ive had no issues at all, make sure u get the backlit keypad it looks the bomb

Would def get backlit keyboard, I'm always struggling to see what I'm doing in the dark on this old one. :thumbsup:

golemsmate;6800396

urm ive had a a dell studio and ive had no issues at all, make sure u get … urm ive had a a dell studio and ive had no issues at all, make sure u get the backlit keypad it looks the bomb

Same here.
    I've just priced my spec up now, and apart from the processor (mines a p8600 and the new one is Core i7-720QM, although priced the same) the identical spec is now £1,202! I paid £803 back in July.

OP, remember to check here for codes, don't forget Quidco (£28 back on mine) and check here wizmarkcomputers.co.uk/hot…htm for comparisons/codes.

Original Poster

deek72;6800528

Same here. I've just priced my spec up now, and apart from the processor … Same here. I've just priced my spec up now, and apart from the processor (mines a p8600 and the new one is Core i7-720QM, although priced the same) the identical spec is now £1,202! I paid £803 back in July.OP, remember to check here for codes, don't forget Quidco (£28 back on mine) and check here http://www.wizmarkcomputers.co.uk/hot-deals-dell-studio-15.htm for comparisons/codes.

Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. random company selling fifa 18 for £29.9522
      2. Wall mounting the OLED55B7V34
      3. Recommend accurate weighing scales11
      4. VM Super Hub 3 printer issues36

See more discussions