Groups

DELL US?

Hi I am thinkin about buyin a laptop from dell us. Will be going to uni in September so would like a new laptop with good spec that doesn't cost the earth. The Dell studio 17 looks a good buy working out at £500 odd when converted. Was just wondering if there any any differentiation between verison of us and uk laptops. Hope im not being stupid here. Also has anyone here bought one from them and are there any extra charges that would need paying?
    Help would be much appreciated.

6 Comments

I would have thought that the most obvious difference would be the power supply, as US works on 120 volts & we work on 240 volts - does the laptop have the ability to autoswitch to the correct voltage?

Do they even ship outside of the US?

Original Poster

ah, good point don't think so. Lol should have looked sorry guys. Didn't even think of that!

Check out dell uk outlet. They are refurbished customer returns or scratch and dent but any i have ordered have turned up like new and offer massive savings on new stock

Original Poster

thanks for the tip

One major difference between a UK and US laptop is the keyboard. They have their special characters in different places (dolloars, pounds etc).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?710
      2. recent price to fit a standard sized garage door55
      3. Iphone 7 - What Case?618
      4. What laptop to choose?44

See more discussions