Groups

Dell Vostro 1000 system Restore

Hello ppl.

Need abit of help. Im trying to do a system restore on my dell vostro 1000 xp, however I cant do it after pressing f8 when the dell logo appears. I have also tried holding ctrl + F11 but that doesnt work either.

I dont think I have a system restore disc either, does anyone know where I could download one or if there is another way to do a system restore.

4 Comments

START > ALL PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS > SYSTEM RESTORE.

Are you getting any error messag? Are you able to start windows and get to your desktop?

Original Poster

yer tried that but can only restore to an earlier date, want a fresh restore

Banned

on my dell (not same model) its f12 then boot to recovery partition

If Ctrl+F11 is not working and you don;t have the CD containing the operating system then I am not sure how you can revert to factory setting. You can download drivers from Dell website for your model (]http//su…ex=) but you might have to buy the OS separately if you have lost the original CD.

There is one for sale ]here for £ 9.95 (+ shipping).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2492
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424514493
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1624
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767391

See more discussions