Dell Vostro 200 Motherboard

Found 2nd Jun 2008
does anyone know what motherboard is used in a Dell Vostro 200?

I have a Vostro 200 that I have 'almost' never used coz I have nowhere to keep it use it for HTPC use...

I was thinking of selling this one and buying a new HTPC machine (I already have a coreduo HTPC but want a faster one) - is it worth just putting the motherboard in a new case?

Essential pointers that I'm looking for are:
1. What motherboard do these systems use.
2. What cases can I get under 40cms in depth. Height and Width are not essentially a problem, but would like if the height is under/around 20 cms.
3. Alternatively, how much is the system worth now? C2D 2200/500GB/2GBWifi/DVD-RW

If anyone is kind enough to comment please?

7 Comments

Original Poster

No1 knows nuffin'?

well the post didn't make much sense, it reads that you have 2 pcs and just want a faster one?
Why the size restriction is it to go in a tv cabinet?, i personally use an amd 3600 with twin tuner for htpc so why you need a faster one?
tbh xp won't go any faster without spending a LOT OF MONEY,

nearly sure dell use btx standard mobo's which may make it harder to upgrade case

Original Poster

maddogb;2229028

well the post didn't make much sense, it reads that you have 2 pcs and … well the post didn't make much sense, it reads that you have 2 pcs and just want a faster one?Why the size restriction is it to go in a tv cabinet?, i personally use an amd 3600 with twin tuner for htpc so why you need a faster one? tbh xp won't go any faster without spending a LOT OF MONEY,

I have 2 systems, I was planning to sell the HTPC (core duo) and use the Dell for HTPC uses... but it won't go anywhere (airing cupboard or TV cabinet) .. I need something with HTPC dimensions, the board is made by Foxconn but I'm not sure if its micro ATX or something else... need to confirm that before I stump up money for a new case...

Original Poster

elflembo;2229113

About £295 for … About £295 for systemhttps://secure.scan.co.uk/Shop/ViewCart.ASP?SessionCheck=318120306

thanks, I'll put it for sale, I guess :thinking:

Original Poster

elflembo;2229085

nearly sure dell use btx standard mobo's which may make it harder to … nearly sure dell use btx standard mobo's which may make it harder to upgrade case

yes but googling tells me people are confused about these foxconn hence my post... thanks for your response...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Where to buy women's socks917
    2. Advice on selling bike33
    3. NHS discounts33
    4. Amazon - No more easy returns?45

See more discussions