Groups

Dell Vostro 430 for £800 - a good deal?

Components
    English Genuine Windows® 7 Professional (64 BIT)
    Intel® Core i7-860 (2.80GHz, 8MB)
    Microsoft® Works 9.0 - English
    English Trend Micro Internet Security (30 Day subscription) AntiVirus Software
    23in E2310H UK/Irish Black Widescreen E-Series (1920X1080) TCO03 DVI-D WS
    4096MB (2x2048) 1333MHz DDR3 Single Channel
    Drive 500GB Serial ATA non Raid (7200 Rpm)
    1GB NVIDIA GeForce® GTS 240 DVI+DVI+S-video
    6x Blu-ray Disc Rewritable Drive
    UK/Irish (QWERTY) Dell Standard Quietkey USB Keyboard Black
    Dell 2 Button USB Optical Mouse

7 Comments

Banned

will you be using this to browse both facebook and myspace?

you might need a core i-9 with 12gb ram

but seriously, for the spec yes, decent deal, do you need it, its up to you

praxxy my son. Where have you been?

Original Poster

jubbyme;7922425

will you be using this to browse both facebook and myspace?you might need … will you be using this to browse both facebook and myspace?you might need a core i-9 with 12gb rambut seriously, for the spec yes, decent deal, do you need it, its up to you

12gb and core i9 seems a little toooooo expensive. So its a decent price eh might have to snap it up.

deek72;7922426

praxxy my son. Where have you been?

Haha, working my deek magic on the ladies.

to me thats an awful price .

the 1gb is pointless on that gfx card, specially as you haven't said what your main usage will be.

500gb is rather small these days... again dependant on your usage.

consider a 1920x1200 24 incher.

do you really need professional? consider downgrading if none of the pro features will be utilized.

are you actually going to be watching blu-rays on a 23inch? if not consider a standard drive savings atleast £100

my 2 cents hth

Original Poster

jackvdbuk;7922533

to me thats an awful price .the 1gb is pointless on that gfx card, … to me thats an awful price .the 1gb is pointless on that gfx card, specially as you haven't said what your main usage will be.500gb is rather small these days... again dependant on your usage.consider a 1920x1200 24 incher.do you really need professional? consider downgrading if none of the pro features will be utilized.are you actually going to be watching blu-rays on a 23inch? if not consider a standard drive savings atleast £100my 2 cents hth

Main use will be for playing video games and using programs such as photoshop, 3dsmax6 and other similars. Well I already have a 24 incher. To be honest no I wont be watching blu rays on the screen, but I thought I might download a few movies in blu ray and watch them on my blu ray player?

Banned

the tip i would add for a dell is this

when i was just about to buy my new pc (had the product code ready), i phoned dell, spoke to a salesperson, asked a few questions (something stupid like how many usb's), then said thank you, i will now finish my purchase online

then they offered me extras at an amazing price, I got a full 5 year home service warranty for 50 quid, plus 10 percent off my system if i emailed them back when i had received delivery of the unit (which paid for the warranty!)

well worth trying for what you can get.

Original Poster

jubbyme;7922661

the tip i would add for a dell is thiswhen i was just about to buy my new … the tip i would add for a dell is thiswhen i was just about to buy my new pc (had the product code ready), i phoned dell, spoke to a salesperson, asked a few questions (something stupid like how many usb's), then said thank you, i will now finish my purchase onlinethen they offered me extras at an amazing price, I got a full 5 year home service warranty for 50 quid, plus 10 percent off my system if i emailed them back when i had received delivery of the unit (which paid for the warranty!)well worth trying for what you can get.

Yeah was thinking of haggling them, but the thought of it is kinda :oops:. But saying I'll buy it online sounds pretty easy in haggling them haha.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?67
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767415
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876394
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…3180

See more discussions