Groups

Dell Vostro 430 or xps 435mt

Guys ive got a small dilemma

I have bought a dell xps 435MT i7 920 with 4gb (4x1)ddr3, 640gb HD, vista (although will get the upgrade) and a gt220 1gb graphics card. for £493 delivered from dell outlet, but I have seen the thread for the vostro 430 and have priced up a system and I am wondering if its a better deal.

After upgrading to i7 860 and 4gb (2x2)ram with the 512mb 4350 graphics card and 64bit win 7 would work out at £522 delivered not taking into account cash back.

Any thoughts ? Is the xps a better buy ??. The XPS is due for delivery on Monday but I won't be home anyway and can always refuse delivery.

All help welcome

2 Comments

The graphics cards are both slow, low power models and the memory is the same amount so it comes down to the CPU. I'm not up to speed on the i7s so I don't know which is better.

Original Poster

The cpu is very similar the only advantage is that the 920 can use triple channel memory but has slightly slower processing power.

Its whether or notthe xps has any benefits in being an XPS ??

Thanks for advice + rep- easy enough to improve the memory card though at a later date.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions