Groups

Dell Vostro..... PCMCIA Slot?

Banned
    Recently bought the Dell Dostro 1500 deal posted.

Have been happily using it to surf using my HSDPA phone modem, but got access to a PCMCIA modem to try out.

To my surprise, the card doesnt fit. Looking at the slot itself, I can see why it doesnt fit. The depth isnt for the complete width on the inside.

Is the a new type PCMCIA? Faulty? Or have I misunderstood something? Looking on the dell site, I cant even see mention of PCMCIA - but it certainly looks like one to me!!

Any ideas?

6 Comments

Thats because its an expresscard slot.

Original Poster Banned

deathtrap3000;1591971

Thats because its an expresscard slot.

Cheers for that. I actually showed someone in our IT dept - and they didnt know! I did suggest it was a new standard.

So whats available for it thats worthwhile? (Ive seen a converter back to PCMCIA !!!)

Original Poster Banned

This one may be worth a shot!

ebuyer.com/pro…ews

Probably best to get a converter for pcmcia cards. I havent seen any decent things for the expresscard slot.

Play.com have a small range of these new cards. But there on the pricey side of things.
    play.com/PC/…e=1

Original Poster Banned

deathtrap3000;1592041

Probably best to get a converter for pcmcia cards. I havent seen any … Probably best to get a converter for pcmcia cards. I havent seen any decent things for the expresscard slot.Play.com have a small range of these new cards. But there on the pricey side of things.http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/6-/Search.html?searchstring=expresscard&searchtype=PCSH&searchsource=1

Ouch! They're expensive! The eSata option I posted at £12.99 looks sound though - just need to buy an external drive!:p

keep an eye on todayonly on scan.co.uk they do often express card offers.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671404
      2. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2729
      3. WONGA REFUNDS DUE2111019
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553770

See more discussions