Groups

dell vostro restore on Vista..help please

Hi,

Trying to do a restore on my Vostro notebook. Its Vista, and Ctrl F11 does nothing. Read up on dell, and found the O/S disc in my original packaging. Booted from disc, and found a few options.
    Restore from a previous point (but this doesnt go back as far as when I bought the laptop)
    Reinstall Vista...(am guessing I will lose the factory settings?)

Any advice pleaseee

4 Comments

Restore from a previous point (but this doesnt go back as far as when I … Restore from a previous point (but this doesnt go back as far as when I bought the laptop)

i assume you want to restore factory setting? there should be an option to restore it
    i think reinstall vista wil do the trick as the disc should be specific to dell machine i.e. contain all dell factory setting

Original Poster

nuabdi;2231464

i assume you want to restore factory setting? there should be an option … i assume you want to restore factory setting? there should be an option to restore it

yep factory settings..bit this option isnt there.
    You can pick something like "complete system restore" but there are no available restore points for that. It appears that you need to save the points manually :?

AFAIK vista automatically creates restore point. so if you hve had the mchine for some time, it'll go back to the latest one.
    i guess reinstalling from the disk will restore all settings

thats what i did with my vaio

Original Poster

Found out how to do it..

support.dell.com/sup…=en

Thank god for that...I want my sleep :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers mate..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7231366
      2. What would be HELL to you?3255
      3. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1414
      4. Vodafone Broadband Issues11

See more discussions