Dell XPS M1330 - any opinions?

Found 22nd Dec 2007
I'm pretty much sure I'm going to buy one of these, but they do look a little flimsy - does anyone have one? Are they more robust than they appear? Any good?

2 Comments

I have one, I use it (or will be once I've upgraded the CPU) be using it as my main PC (external monitor attached for heavy work)
The screen is brilliant and battery lasts for ages, not tried the HDMI outlet as yet...too busy taking all the wanted 'stuff' off my desk-top.
What I really like is the option to fit a wireless braodbamd card and surf in the middle of a field (well is was an airfield atually).
I also have a Dell ATG laptop and that is much more robust but even though the M1330 looks delicate next to the ATG it is actually quite a toughie. Dell also provide a slip cover which it quite useful.
The keyboard is nice to work with as well. If you get the 9 cell battery be aware that it protrudes from the rear of the laptop almost an inch, and of course it's thicker at the rear than the front with all battery models.
I have a 2.0Ghz, (soon to be 2.6Ghz) n'Vidia graphics, 200HD LED screen (it is brighter and thinner)
Downside...just the fingermarks on the lid.:santa:

Original Poster

Cheers Twinkle, I really like this but did wonder how strong it would be, with it being so slim. I'm going to go ahead and order one, with the 6 cell battery for the house and the 9 cell one for uni.

Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions