Dell XPS M1530 - battery life

is it worth upgrading the battery to a 9 cell? how long would it last otherwise?

5 Comments

subscribed.

I've currently got an M1530 and my 6 cell battery lasts around 3 and a half hours. From what i've heard the 9 cell battery will increase this to around 4 and a half hours.

It all depends how much you really use your M1530 on battery and if he extra hour battery life (or 4.5 hours since you'd still have the original 6 cell) is worth the £90 or so you'd end up paying for one.

Tatey;4595651

I've currently got an M1530 and my 6 cell battery lasts around 3 and a … I've currently got an M1530 and my 6 cell battery lasts around 3 and a half hours. From what i've heard the 9 cell battery will increase this to around 4 and a half hours. It all depends how much you really use your M1530 on battery and if he extra hour battery life (or 4.5 hours since you'd still have the original 6 cell) is worth the £90 or so you'd end up paying for one.

Question - do you take your battery out whilst plugged in to the mains?

Have heard this reduces battery life

Taking the battery out whilst plugged into the mains actually improves the battery life, as long as you keep the battery in the right conditions though. Batteries get warm and its this heat that affects the batteries life, if you keep the battery cool then it will last longer than a battery which is constantly kept in a wam environment.

Tatey;4596479

Taking the battery out whilst plugged into the mains actually improves … Taking the battery out whilst plugged into the mains actually improves the battery life, as long as you keep the battery in the right conditions though. Batteries get warm and its this heat that affects the batteries life, if you keep the battery cool then it will last longer than a battery which is constantly kept in a wam environment.

repped!

Don't suppose you can get a dummy cover for where the battery goes?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions