Delonghi dehumidifier not filling up tank ?

Found 28th Feb 2016

I bought a Delonghi DES14 dehumidifier from Amazon, but no water was accumulating in the tank.

Only when I was tilting the device slightly sideways, water started dripping out of the pipe that was pointing towards the removable tank.

The replacement model was the next model up, a DES16E and that one still seems to be doing the same, I.e. no water ends up in the tank. I am not sure what I'm dong wrong, both items being defective sounds a bit unlikely. Maybe it first collects water in an internal pocket, and once it reaches a certain amount it runs into the tank ? Or something is blocking the pipe?

When I spoke to the Delonghi customer service for the first item, they said it didn't sound right, and it was probably a defective item, but what are the odds that the new one has the same problem ?
Community Updates
AskDehumidifierDelonghi
7 Comments
Have u check that your floor is level in the spot your putting it?
Original Poster
Yes it happens in more than one spot. unless the whole house is on a slope, I don't think it's the reason It seems as if either the pipe is not at right angle to direct the water into the tank, or something is blocking it.
Water doesn't gather everyday depending on the ambient humidity, when you tilt it the water that has gathered on the plates will be forced down by gravity and enter the collection tank. If you think it's faulty you can test it in a closed bathroom with a full bathtub, or a room with clothes drying with any windows/air vents shut and leave it for a few hours/day and see if any water has gathered.
Some models have a rubber bung that needs removing so the water will drain into the tank rather than directly out of the rear outlet, check the manual.
Delonghi have a small collection bucket that fills up and weight makes it tilt and pour into the bigger reservoir. This is to limit the noise from the continual drip falling from a height. There is nothing wrong with either of the ones you have purchased.
Original Poster
chocci

Delonghi have a small collection bucket that fills up and weight makes … Delonghi have a small collection bucket that fills up and weight makes it tilt and pour into the bigger reservoir. This is to limit the noise from the continual drip falling from a height. There is nothing wrong with either of the ones you have purchased.

Thanks chocci, that absolutely makes sense. With the first dehmuidifier which I returned, the water was coming through the wheels when tilted, but with this replacement water only drips into the tank (when tilted), so it sounds correct. I just wanted to confirm this, in case water was building up somewhere inside due to a blockage, and then somehow got to the any of the electricals,

Many thanks for putting my mind at ease
sbirsen

Thanks chocci, that absolutely makes sense. With the first dehmuidifier … Thanks chocci, that absolutely makes sense. With the first dehmuidifier which I returned, the water was coming through the wheels when tilted, but with this replacement water only drips into the tank (when tilted), so it sounds correct. I just wanted to confirm this, in case water was building up somewhere inside due to a blockage, and then somehow got to the any of the electricals, Many thanks for putting my mind at ease

My pleasure - got to love HUKD that the correct answer has been negged

Some people need to get out more lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants