Expired

Delonghi DNC65 dehumidifier service manual needed

Found 11th May 2014
Looking for the service manual for a Delonghi DNC65 dehumidifier (it's out of warranty) -Thanks for reading :-)

15 Comments

HERE

pdf link - right hand side!
Edited by: "TPGone" 11th May 2014

can't help but I had the 10model and a new board sorted it... was about. 20 quid. do a web search for known faults

Original Poster

ThePasty

HERE pdf link - right hand side!

Thanks but that's the user manual. Looking for the service manual - for stripping the unit down and diagnosing each component to find the fault.

Did you get hold of a service manual ? Interested as have one with a failed PSU and may have picked up a spare which is so called new which switches off after 3 minutes. Hoping to make a good one out of the 2.
Edited by: "sadbiker01" 27th Mar 2016

Original Poster

Hi, no I didn't. However I did discover the problem - remove the heater and look at the element. They burn out. Your power supply may be shutting down because the heater isn't drawing the current the psu is expecting.
http://neildoh.org/Misc/DelonghiHeater.jpg

Ok will have a look ta. Mine has a burnt out RLY 2 on the main PSU. We suspect dry joint may have caused that to overheat takingout the relay. Spotted a so called new failed 65 which cuts out of couple of minutes and as price was less than a second hand psu thought I'd take that on and at worst case it's PSU should be fine.

Was yours tripping out when it was attempting to heat up? Any other damage other than heater ?

Original Poster

Mine was apparently running ok but producing no water at all. This was the second unit that I bought from new that eventually went this way. A new heater was ~£50. Didn't strip the first one as Delonghi replaced it with a new unit.

I'm also considering replacing the top controller board with a custom setup running off an Arduino, so I can fully control the behaviour. As you've got a spare PSU board, any chance you could take a high res photo of it? I was hoping the controller was on the top board, but the chips on that board are just counters.

Just sent you a message with a link to uploaded photos.

Original Poster

I'm guessing the controller is hiding under 'DD40AR'. ULN2003AN looks like its controlling the relays. The HEF4094AN is probably multiplexing control from the 'DD40AR' to the ULN2003AN. Apologies if you know all of this already.

I'm not keen to disassemble mine as its currently in use in my garage. I have to visit it every day to make sure it hasn't switched off for some reason. When its on it's doing a brill job, living next to a moor we have a particularly damp environment.

Taking your point about the heater, the burnt out relay looks to supply the feed to the heater plug, will check that when open the chassis next. Yes when working does it job, luckily I had another dehumid tucked away so it's not a major issue this being out of action.

No not really looked at the PCB in detail, suppose my brain should have picked up that having all the connectors going to this PCB it was a little more than a just a couple of relays. Makes sense on what you said about other PCB not having much on it.

I have a room which was previously extended into a void under our garage. As we sit on a hill (don't think who did it may have lined the work for moisture). The dehumid just takes the edge off, cheaper than what it would cost to have it redone.

Faulty new item arrived. Found to be a loose plug to CN11 (REG). Seems to be working fine now. And it's definitely brand new. Great for £32 and 25 minutes labour.

So that will replace my faulty unit complete.

Now just need a cheap PCB and maybe heater for my duff unit.

Original Poster

sadbiker01

Faulty new item arrived. Found to be a loose plug to CN11 (REG). Seems … Faulty new item arrived. Found to be a loose plug to CN11 (REG). Seems to be working fine now. And it's definitely brand new. Great for £32 and 25 minutes labour. So that will replace my faulty unit complete.Now just need a cheap PCB and maybe heater for my duff unit.

Was the £32 unit a one off?

Yes unfortunately so. Was hoping to make a good one out of the 2, secretly hoping it was a silly fault occurring whilst in transit and I was lucky.

Turning off after few minutes without any reason and without an alarm is caused by anti-trip (tilt) sensor. Because of vibrations small balls inside the sensor are loosing connection and microcontroller thinks that device tripped. Fix is either to replace the sensor to better quality one (for instance mercury oone) or create short circuit in sensor's socket disabling the anti-trip protection.

Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I came up with this instead...
hackaday.io/pro…tor
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions