Groups

Demon - anyone else having problems with this rubbish ISP?

Problems, problems, problems with Demon all the way.

No broadband this morning for several hours, same last Monday too. When problems happen, they don't seem to make any effort to fix it. And they don't bother to answer the technical support lines either.

Be warned - avoid Demon like the plague.

Rant over - now who to switch to? Anyone got any experience of O2 Access? Can't get the full O2 package here.

11 Comments

Moved to misc, feedback is for HUKD issues.

My Demon internet stopped working late last night, was off until about midday today. All OK now though.

I've not really had any problems with them in the past at all though, the service has been very good.

Original Poster

emmajk42;5489548

Moved to misc, feedback is for HUKD issues. My Demon internet stopped … Moved to misc, feedback is for HUKD issues. My Demon internet stopped working late last night, was off until about midday today. All OK now though. I've not really had any problems with them in the past at all though, the service has been very good.

Apologies for the misposting. I've been with Demon for a long time, but lately the service has been very unreliable, and it's always impossible to get through to anyone. It's as if they've given up bothering at all about the 'service' they provide. It's not even as if it's cheap.

got demon myself, rubbish. speeds are terrible. leaving soon to goto o2

AGggggggg my speed has dropped from a 5mb to a half a mb this morning! Been hung up on 4 times, and have now been on hold for half an hour!

Original Poster

Not getting any better, is it? More problems today, then.

I think it's getting slightly faster. What annoys me, is when you phone them and they tell you to test the connection in the master socket, and you might have faulty wiring. I couldn't, I had no laptop available... and then they tell you to do tests for 24 hours and then email the results... etc.

Anyway... I've got a Mac code and I'm changing.

A friend recommends IDnet, but I think I might go with BT.

Original Poster

Yet more problems with them earlier this morning.

Connection down, as usual, and the technical support people in India assume (as always) that the problem is with your set-up and refuse even to report it to the UK until they've wasted an hour of your time trying out various routines.

Original Poster

Demon down again for a couple of hours or so or two between 1 and 3pm today. Anyone else?

Original Poster

More problems this morning from 6am (and probably a lot earlier than that) to 11.15 or so . The usual reluctance to accept that it's anything remotely to do with Demon, the usual tests on the master socket etc, more time wasted. Strangely, exactly as last time, the connection suddenly came back in the course of the call to technical support in India.

They say it must be the router. I doubt it. Difficult to believe that it can work fine for days on end and then suddenly decide it fancies a few hours off.

Original Poster

Yet more problems this evening. Fine until around 9, then went off around 10. Yet another long call to India, all the usual tests revealing nothing. From their end, they say there's a connection. From my end there isn't.

This time they cleared the connection, I disconnected the phone line and switched off the router. 20 minutes later it worked fine again, as they thought it might. Just a tip for anyone else struggling with this now **** ISP.

mcld.co.uk/blo…255 - more unhappy customers here.

Original Poster

And still more problems from around 6 this evening - on top of which the tech support lines magically went dead every time after a few rings.

That's classic Demon Customer Service for you!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad news about Barcelona24108
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2952
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?26120
      4. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891718

See more discussions