Demon Broadband - I Feel Like I'm Taking Crazy Pills!

Found 20th Oct 2009
Demon... The most useless ISP of all time?

3 months ago, I left Demon broadband (after 3 years of commitment) to join o2 broadband. Once I informed Demon I was leaving, they gave me a MAC code and assured me that my account would be closed in 10 days time. They lied.

A month later, I received a bill through from Demon. Thinking this was odd, I rang them and they explained that the account was not closed. They apologised and then told me the account would be cancelled in 10 days. A couple of weeks after that call, money came out of my account to pay for the earlier bill. I rang Demon again, they said the account still hadn't been closed. They told me that they would put through the third request to cancel the account.

A couple of weeks later, I received another bill. Astounded, I rang them again and explained that I was going to cancel the direct debit so that they could not take anymore money off me. The employee told me that there would be no problem with this. A few days later, I receive a letter stating that I cancelled the direct debit and my information would be passed over to a third party etc.

I rang them today, and although the employee could see that 4 requests had been put through to close the account, nothing had been done about it... She told me she would put in the 5th request.

I genuinely feel like I'm going crazy! How can an organisation be so incapable? Avoid Demon at all costs... Please.

I just had to get this off my chest. Thank you for reading my rant!

1 Comment

Claim the money back off them - approach them with emails first, then if unsuccessful, go to trading standards.
Post a comment
@
    Text