Denon x2400H Vs Pioneer VSX-932 For Xbox One X 4K HDR? Or Sell Xbox One X?

Found 29th MarEdited by:"lettherebedeals"
Hi All, so I am at a quandary? 3 months ago I purchased a Xbox One X Scorpio Edition which presently is still in its box, the reason I have not opened it yet is purely because I need to upgrade my 7.2 Amplifier which is NOT 4K HDR or ATMOS Compatible, so I cannot decide if I should just upgrade my Amp or Sell the Xbox One X and wait a while.... I am looking at 2 Amps at present a Denon X2400H @ £299 and a Pioneer VSX-932 @ £299 , now whilst the Denon X2400H as some astonishing reviews when you dig a little deeper it as quite a few negative reviews to... The Pioneer RSX-932 sadly as very few reviews anywhere in the world, after much digging I can only find one expert review from Australia which sings its praises, but mixed reviews from users mostly in Europe, not sure why this is really, maybe something to do with the Pioneer & Onkyo partnership who created the VSX-932, But for whatever reasons I cannot find more than 1 readable English reviews anywhere online...

Does anyone own the Pioneer VSX-932? If so what are your views and MOST IMPORTANTLY will it give me exactly what I need 4K, HDR & ATMOS from my Xbox One X... ? I just cannot decide... making me question whether I should sell the Xbox One X Scorpio and just wait 6 months or so...

I also looked at the Yamaha RX-V583 to replace my present aging Yamaha Amp, yet as much as I love Yamaha, this to as got a mix selection of negative reviews and only gives me 80W in comparison to the Pioneers 130W huge difference in wattage for the same money....

So the question is what do I buy? what would you buy? what are your opinions on the Denon and does it work flawlessly with an Xbox One X or do you have a Pioneer and does that work flawlessly with the Xbox One X? or shall I just sell the damn thing and wait... considering I only purchased my present Yamaha AV receiver in 2014 which sadly does not come up-to spec, yet again I am been forced to buy something additional & NEW to support something NEW... in this case a AV Receiver that passes and ticks all the boxes when it comes to HDR & 4K which the Xbox One X does... naturally if I go DIRECT to the TV with my Xbox One X it ticks every-box, pass through my present amp many boxes get un-ticked, forcing me to upgrade yet again?

Any opinions and thoughts would be appreciated, thanks so much everyone.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Not sure how much help this will be to you but I had a Sony STR-DN1040 with a Sony 4k TV but when I bought an Xbox 1 S the amp wasn't up to spec so I upgraded to a Denon 2300 and touch wood it hasn't missed a beat. I recently added some small ceiling speakers for Atmos and wasn't expecting much due to their size but I watched the original jumanji in 4k a few days back and the Atmos blew me away.
bp24118 m ago

Not sure how much help this will be to you but I had a Sony STR-DN1040 …Not sure how much help this will be to you but I had a Sony STR-DN1040 with a Sony 4k TV but when I bought an Xbox 1 S the amp wasn't up to spec so I upgraded to a Denon 2300 and touch wood it hasn't missed a beat. I recently added some small ceiling speakers for Atmos and wasn't expecting much due to their size but I watched the original jumanji in 4k a few days back and the Atmos blew me away.

Yeah I was watching a review on the fantastic Denon x2300 which as been highly praised and one AV expert said in his in-depth video review to buy the x2300 instead of the New x2400 and save yourself some money, sadly however after much searching this is out of stock everywhere brand new, there is the odd open-box x2300 but for more money than the New x2400H... sadly a few weeks ago I missed out of a Open-Box x2300 for £200 at Richer Sounds, it went like lightning naturally.
Edited by: "lettherebedeals" 29th Mar
Have you tried over on avforums? Some people have terrible upgrade-itus on there and move stuff on all the time. I sold my first Sony AVR on there to buy the 1040.
bp24119 m ago

Have you tried over on avforums? Some people have terrible upgrade-itus on …Have you tried over on avforums? Some people have terrible upgrade-itus on there and move stuff on all the time. I sold my first Sony AVR on there to buy the 1040.

Yeah been there to, a lot of talk about the Sony AVR1080 but its like £200 more expensive... and very, very rarely sees much discount, In all truth and fairness I really do not wish to spend more than £300 considering I have just spent £449 on the Xbox One X...
Just do it! Treat yourself, £299 @ richer sounds, £10 off if you get the VIP emails and I'd suggest stretching to add the extended warranty which is refundable after 6 years if you don't claim.
For the time being why don't you plug the Xbox straight into your TV and use optical out to the amp?
MIDURIX10 m ago

For the time being why don't you plug the Xbox straight into your TV and …For the time being why don't you plug the Xbox straight into your TV and use optical out to the amp?

Thanks yeah I thought that to and may have to surrender to making the compromise, but I do tend to be a perfectionist especially when it comes to Blu-Rays & 4K movies, I want a pure 5.1 experience or HDR experience, optical wont give me this... like Bluetooth wont give me the quality of a FLAC file or original CD sound, I know its me been choosy & picky, but its the all-reason I built my home cinema in the 1st place... still I need to make a choice soon whilst the deals are on or just sell the Xbox One X and wait.... trouble is, selling the Xbox One X Scorpio on ebay may lose me money especially since there are so many people selling Xbox One X Scorpios.. I thought I could sell it for a little profit, and wait, but it seems ebay is full of Xbox One X Scorpio Editions and as for the original Xbox One X, its gradually falling in price with Game Bundles to. decisions, decisions.
lettherebedeals9 h, 42 m ago

Thanks yeah I thought that to and may have to surrender to making the …Thanks yeah I thought that to and may have to surrender to making the compromise, but I do tend to be a perfectionist especially when it comes to Blu-Rays & 4K movies, I want a pure 5.1 experience or HDR experience, optical wont give me this... like Bluetooth wont give me the quality of a FLAC file or original CD sound, I know its me been choosy & picky, but its the all-reason I built my home cinema in the 1st place... still I need to make a choice soon whilst the deals are on or just sell the Xbox One X and wait.... trouble is, selling the Xbox One X Scorpio on ebay may lose me money especially since there are so many people selling Xbox One X Scorpios.. I thought I could sell it for a little profit, and wait, but it seems ebay is full of Xbox One X Scorpio Editions and as for the original Xbox One X, its gradually falling in price with Game Bundles to. decisions, decisions.

Optical will give you 5.1. Isn't it just that you get dolby and dts, but not the master audio or true HD or whatever they are called versions? The HDMI connection will give you HDR and everything etc and optical out will give you near as possible all the audio stuff. The difference between 5.1 dts and 5.1 dts Master audio probably isn't noticeable by most people.
Have you considered buying a dual hdmi 4k Blu-ray player instead of a new amp? Then you could do Xbox to TV via hdmi, Xbox to amp via optical, Blu-ray to TV & amp via HDMI and the only compromise on audio would be the Xbox.
I really didn’t see the point in getting another amp after forking out for a new tv and the 1X. I just use pass through from the TV to my amp (an aging Sony DN840). As long as the sound is 5.1 then I’m happy as it’s the picture quality that is more important to me. Direct to the TV gives me full HDR gaming from the 1X with audio coming from pass through from TV to amp via HDMI.
It sounds like you're more someone interesting is always having the latest thing rather than a perfectionist. I can't imagine many perfectionists would have bought into HDR at this early stage.

If that's your inclination then you're always going to have to spend money to keep up with technological developments.

It is a difficult thing to advise you on how much improvement is enough to upgrade. How much HDR ability does your TV have and what sort of speaker positioning do you have? I'd probably skip Atmos if you're using traditional 5/7 speaker positioning.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions