Expired

Dent in Beko freezer in door advice.

Found 10th Apr 2014
I have accidently caused a line dent in my Beko Silver (not stainless steal, more like plastic type over metal) Fridge freezer door, about 4" in length. Any advice on how to repair?
The freezer is only about 3 years old. Insurance excess would cost £50-100, and may increase my insurance premium.
Is it possible to buy a replacement door at a reasonable cost from anywhere?

Grateful for any advice, thanks.
Community Updates
15 Comments
could try and pull it out with a large neodymium perhaps?
Do what I did with mine - put a sticker over it... Lots of great designs and makes it look like you intended it!
Fridge magnet
Original Poster
Apogee00

could try and pull it out with a large neodymium perhaps?

Sorry but what is a neodymium and where can you buy one?
Thanks
they're very strong magnets...Amazon/eBay probably your best shot

cheap enough just to try anyway!
Original Poster
Thanks will have a look tom.

Cheers
I had 2 dents in my silver fridge freezer door - I bought wheelie bin stickers from Asda for 99p a sheet (colourful tulips) and popped a tulip onto the smaller dent. The larger one currently has a magnet over it but I may use some type of filler when I get round to it, and then a sticker on top.
Try ebay for a replacement door, you never know what you might find.
spares for currys beko stuff is usually pretty cheap.

http://www.partmaster.co.uk/beko-parts/shop.pl

bought things myself for repairs.
they are slow. like couple of weeks for my cooker front once.
Buy an insurance for your fridge and make a claim.

I have my washing machine/Oven/Fridge freezer covered for 3 years with knowhow for £11 a month over 11 months.

So £121 for 3 years cover is amazing.

Anytime something go's wrong, just call and it will be repaired or replaced with brand new if it can't be repaired.
Edited by: "joewall33" 11th Apr 2014
Don't think insurance will cover it as it's accidental damage.
Does it make the freezer not work? if not just leave it. You made the mark, so you can look at it. :d
Surely if you were that bothered in the looks of things you wouldn't have bought a Beko in the first place.
Original Poster
[quote=pinkleponkle]Surely if you were that bothered in the looks of things you wouldn't have bought a Beko in the first place.[/qu
**** off you checky *******
There's a dent in our freezer door and I've tried suction type devices to pull it out but no luck. I think the problem is that the door isn't hollow and probably filled with foam which means that the foam offers resistance to being pulled out.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants