Groups

Dental Charges

Hello, I've phoned the dentist to get a root canal done and they've quoted me the Band 2 £53.90 but said I need a check up as well at £20, is this right, as it's my understanding that the Band 2 covered the check up as well so I'm only supposed to pay the £53.90

17 Comments

when you first go you pay the check up cost of £20 then if you need the root canal at £53.90 then when it's done probably at a later date you pay £33.90

Band 1: £19.70 covers an examination, diagnosis and advice. If necessary, it also includes X-rays, a scale and polish and planning for further treatment. Band 2: £53.90 covers all treatment covered by Band 1, plus additional treatment, such as fillings, root canal treatment and removing teeth (extractions). looking at this it should cover all listed in band1 which includes check up.

Original Poster

Thats how it seems but it isnt totally clear, they were insistent the check up was extra

Original Poster

caverncity

when you first go you pay the check up cost of £20 then if you need the … when you first go you pay the check up cost of £20 then if you need the root canal at £53.90 then when it's done probably at a later date you pay £33.90

Thanks

I remember when I needed a root canal but was given a choice of extraction or root canal and I asked how much. I was told extraction was band 2 and root canal was band 3 which at the time was around £200. I didn't want to pay the £200 so opted for extraction and it was done there and then. it wasn't till I got home and checked and found he was wrong, the root should have been band 2.

Original Poster

caverncity

I remember when I needed a root canal but was given a choice of … I remember when I needed a root canal but was given a choice of extraction or root canal and I asked how much. I was told extraction was band 2 and root canal was band 3 which at the time was around £200. I didn't want to pay the £200 so opted for extraction and it was done there and then. it wasn't till I got home and checked and found he was wrong, the root should have been band 2.

I have a feeling some of these dentists are taking people for mugs

caverncity

I remember when I needed a root canal but was given a choice of … I remember when I needed a root canal but was given a choice of extraction or root canal and I asked how much. I was told extraction was band 2 and root canal was band 3 which at the time was around £200. I didn't want to pay the £200 so opted for extraction and it was done there and then. it wasn't till I got home and checked and found he was wrong, the root should have been band 2.

They probably lied to you because a root canal is much more time consuming than a simple extraction. You lost a tooth and they saved time. Greedy lot they're.

iNSOMANiAC

I have a feeling some of these dentists are taking people for mugs

Very true !

I just had same thing pal I payed 20 for check up then 34 for tooth sorting
    Edited by: "bigack" 23rd Feb

As others say, you pay for the checkup (band 1) then they do the root canal (band 2) but they take off what you've paid. Then once things have settled you then have to pay band 3 for bridge or whatever. If you wait too long you don't get the band 2 payment taken off.
    Just had over 6 hours of root canal work on one tooth, she went to prepare it for the crown and it cracked right through. So I just had it extracted a week later & have left a gap as it's at the back. 7 hours of dentistry for £54, told her she'll never own a large yacht like my old dentist. She couldn't apologise enough for all the time wasted.

"Just had over 6 hours of root canal work on one tooth "

6 hours, what was she using a hand drill and a foot treadle ?
    Front teeth have one root and a root canal should take 40 mins to one hour.
    Rear teeth each have three roots and are not worth root canal treatment and are usually just extracted.

I got charged £120 at NHS dentist for root canal which he did in two separate appointments, then I had to get the thing out anyway a couple months later at extra expense.

fergiewilson

I got charged £120 at NHS dentist for root canal which he did in two … I got charged £120 at NHS dentist for root canal which he did in two separate appointments, then I had to get the thing out anyway a couple months later at extra expense.

​Why did you need it removed?

Omg I'm getting a root canal for £230 they saying its band 3. Thats for the root filling and a resin onlay put on. Where does it say its band 2?

fishleg

Omg I'm getting a root canal for £230 they saying its band 3. Thats for … Omg I'm getting a root canal for £230 they saying its band 3. Thats for the root filling and a resin onlay put on. Where does it say its band 2?

nhs.uk/chq…=74

I have just had root canal work done and was told it was band 3 £230. also paid the £19 for the check first

Makes sense then root canal is band 2 but to finish it with an onlay is band 3. You cant really have a root canal and walk out. I suppose basic filling wouldnt last 2 mins hence the cost.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      3. word association Game74044544
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468

See more discussions