Groups

Dental implant in UK

Does anyone know of a very good and reputable place to get dental implant in UK?

My mum suffering bad tooth problems and i want to sort it out for once and all.. We will go for a full implant as she as no teeth...

She is 65 and i just and only want to get it done somewhere reputable...

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks...

13 Comments

Does your mum see a denstist regularly? Your first port of call should be a dentist who would be able to tell you the best way forward to sort out your mum's teeth problems.

saw someone get it done on that program embarrassing bodies, was done down in Harley street though so no doubt would be expensive $$$$$$

is the problem with her teeth or gums?
    if her teeth have fallen out due to gum disease i doubt they would be able to do implants

Banned

you'll be looking at £10k+ for a full set of teeth

Original Poster

Wow! 10k? Are you serious? Even if it involves bridging between implants and not do it one by one?

When she was young, she removed all her teeth as she thought they were too long and back then, there was no implants so she got dentures...

I am not sure if she has any serious problems with her gum but im sure she has some problems as she has been playing with her gum a lot due to pain she had. You know the pain that hurts but feels good and you keep pressing on it because you like it... that sort of pain... and shes been doing it for years...

And no, she doesnt see a dentist regularly! Her teeth is stolen (it was in her bag when she was robbed!) and i dont want her to go get another bad denture! I want a get her a permanent solution but i never seen anywhere that it would cost 10k!

i got a quote last week for implants, the cheapest was £1,500 per tooth

Spend £400 for a ticket to Goa India and get well made Dentures made.She can then spend 2 weeks in the sun.I wouldnt want my mum to go through the pain of Implants at the age of 65.Or spend cash and see a good dentist in Uk and see what he suggests.

If you live near a university with a dental school then you could get in touch with them; ours offers free/greatly reduced treatment, all properly supervised of course, undertaken by the students as part of the their training. Definitely worth looking into if you are considering something as expensive as implants.

Banned

studentessa

If you live near a university with a dental school then you could get in … If you live near a university with a dental school then you could get in touch with them; ours offers free/greatly reduced treatment, all properly supervised of course, undertaken by the students as part of the their training. Definitely worth looking into if you are considering something as expensive as implants.

+1

I got my implants done this way and saved me a fortune. There is absolutely no point in going to someone with full training!

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_207/1195055767XmR4s4.jpg

Banned

don hedron

i got a quote last week for implants, the cheapest was £1,500 per tooth

Agreed. A mate of mine just had 3 done in Guys hospital for free. (Dunno how to be honest!) He said he'd been quoted £1500 per tooth from his dentist (and other local dentists) So saved £4500. Mind you, his were molars (Hit in the gob by a golf club!) - so probably a bit more forgiving than the young man above!

studentessa

If you live near a university with a dental school then you could get in … If you live near a university with a dental school then you could get in touch with them; ours offers free/greatly reduced treatment, all properly supervised of course, undertaken by the students as part of the their training. Definitely worth looking into if you are considering something as expensive as implants.

doubt that dental studetns do implants. to do impnats u need to do a further course after the dentsal degree.

best thing is to go get them aborad, otherwise yes £1.5k is average price. there is a good place nr me in kent. where do u love though

implants are good but not cheap sweet of u to wna help ur mum out

I would still say have a look; apart from all the scales and polishes my uni runs course on dental implantation for GDC registered dentists (not undergrad students). They treat patients in need of implants over the course of the training, so you might want to see if you could find out about that sort of option.

studentessa

I would still say have a look; apart from all the scales and polishes my … I would still say have a look; apart from all the scales and polishes my uni runs course on dental implantation for GDC registered dentists (not undergrad students). They treat patients in need of implants over the course of the training, so you might want to see if you could find out about that sort of option.

oh i see! which uni are u at anyways.

am considering an implant....having real issues with my upper right 5! got one more thing to try before it though!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Minecraft Xbox One S Leaked11
      2. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831530
      3. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial78
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1328

See more discussions