Groups

Dental question

I already have an nhs dentist, my question is can I change to another one? (If I can find one, looked on nhs website seems like some places round here have spaces). My current dentist is not very good and I am not happy with him....ive got receeding gums and my dentist been less than helpful so want to change.

13 Comments

Banned

Get flossing! Should be able to ask for a different dentist or is he the only one there? Think we've got 2 at ours. Had this problem too by the way I just needed to floss more often and stop pressing too hard with the brush

Original Poster

lumoruk;5012263

Get flossing!

I do, I think I was brushing too hard so brush gentle now and have sensitive electric toothbrush. I use mouthwash and floss. Im 26 - I should not be having receeding gums!

Banned

bargainhunter2009;5012278

I do, I think I was brushing too hard so brush gentle now and have … I do, I think I was brushing too hard so brush gentle now and have sensitive electric toothbrush. I use mouthwash and floss. Im 26 - I should not be having receeding gums!

26 too must be our age then :oops: has your hair started receding yet? mine has a bit but makes me look like a man grr

Yes you can just approach your local Primary care trust and state your reasons for wanting to change and that will smooth the transfer

Original Poster

lumoruk;5012285

26 too must be our age then :oops:

lol we must be getting old!!! Congrats on picking up your engagement ring today (seen in sassies thread!)

Banned

stop replying to my posts so quickly...I edit after I've read it once through lol

Original Poster

mikebike;5012289

Yes you can just approach your local Primary care trust and state your … Yes you can just approach your local Primary care trust and state your reasons for wanting to change and that will smooth the transfer

Can I not just go to another dentist? All you do is fill forms in when you get there.

Original Poster

lumoruk;5012310

stop replying to my posts so quickly...I edit after I've read it once … stop replying to my posts so quickly...I edit after I've read it once through lol

Lol! Sorry!

Original Poster

lumoruk;5012285

26 too must be our age then :oops: has your hair started receding yet? … 26 too must be our age then :oops: has your hair started receding yet? mine has a bit but makes me look like a man grr

oh my god it has a little on one side....my mum has the same, if i puill my fringe back one side has receeded! God life is all downhill now!

Banned

bargainhunter2009;5012324

oh my god it has a little on one side....my mum has the same, if i puill … oh my god it has a little on one side....my mum has the same, if i puill my fringe back one side has receeded! God life is all downhill now!

yep our mental state starts to go down hill next year too :? my fringe on my left side has gone further than my right :-D

bargainhunter2009;5012312

Can I not just go to another dentist? All you do is fill forms in when … Can I not just go to another dentist? All you do is fill forms in when you get there.

You can but they tend to get a bit annoyed if you do that in the same area,it's ok if you move of the area of course but any way give the local P.C.T a ring and ask for some advice

Original Poster

mikebike;5012361

You can but they tend to get a bit annoyed if you do that in the same … You can but they tend to get a bit annoyed if you do that in the same area,it's ok if you move of the area of course but any way give the local P.C.T a ring and ask for some advice

Thanks! Just googled it and "You can change dentists under the NHS at anytime, you will just need to locate another NHS dentist that you wish to visit and who is willing to accept you as an NHS patient." dentalhealth.org.uk/faq…=31

Banned

good luck in finding one that will accept you, round here they are few and far
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3933
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1313

See more discussions