Groups

dentist fees

hi, just wondering if anyone could help. went to the dentist and got root canel treatment on one tooth, this was filled and i was advised that i will need a crown within the 6 mths. ( cost of the crown not given and i didnt even ask to be honest) i paid via the nhs of £156 for the root canel work but just wondering if the crown price will be via the nhs or do you need to pay private for this

16 Comments

it depends, in my dentist they have a sign saying some treatments like bridgework etc are only done privately, best bet to ring them and find out x x x

Original Poster

tried phoning them 3 times this afternoon but just goes onto the answering machine. when i asked him if i could get a white filling instead of the silver he said that i would need to go private for the full treatment ( would cost approx £370) decided to go via nhs.

do you get any type of tax credits, i got mine done for free, as we are on tax credits

take a look at this all dentist should pay the same price for nhs patients.

whatprice.co.uk/den…tml

looks like they robbed you, make a complaint, i did to my old dentist, he took me to one side and said very quietly that if i wanted root canal and a crown it would cost £500, well you can guess what i told him and i reported them for over charging.
    they are the dentist on eastcheap in letchworth, they are really bad.

Original Poster

wickedteen;5000635

do you get any type of tax credits, i got mine done for free, as we are … do you get any type of tax credits, i got mine done for free, as we are on tax credits

i get £30 p/m in tax credits for my little girl going to nursery ( dont know if this counts though)

I have a nhs dentist . and like you had a root canel filling that cost about £45 then about 6 months later it cracked and had to have a crown ,Top teer on nhs cost £198 a few months back. if your treatment was on the nhs you were in my opinion overcharged.

dh.gov.uk/en/…617

down load the pdf file

band 1 16.50
    band 2 45.60
    band 3 198.00

Original Poster

wickedteen;5000699

looks like they robbed you, make a complaint, i did to my old dentist, he … looks like they robbed you, make a complaint, i did to my old dentist, he took me to one side and said very quietly that if i wanted root canal and a crown it would cost £500, well you can guess what i told him and i reported them for over charging.they are the dentist on eastcheap in letchworth, they are really bad.

i went to a dentist 3 weeks ago ( didnt know that he wasnt an nhs dentist at the time )
    he told me that for my root canel and a crown it was £710 hence the reson that i changed to the nhs one last week. the first one charge me £80 for a check up , clean and an hi tech xray however failed to see that i need root canel. he was more interested in trying to get me to pay £2000 for an implant ( what a d*ck)

my girlfriend works in a private dentistry and she said a crown woulf cost £375 + the £65 for a consultation!

So push for NHS is possible!

Original Poster

zimmajon;5000656

take a look at this all dentist should pay the same price for nhs … take a look at this all dentist should pay the same price for nhs patients.http://www.whatprice.co.uk/dentist/nhs-prices.html

thanks for this but i am so thick its unreal, lol does this mean that the max i should pay for all the treatment is £198??? including my crown

I had root canal work in January, something like 5 visits overall and it cost me about £66, so I think you've been doen there. As for the crown, sorry, I've never had one so don't know how much they might cost!

louise.123;5000701

i get £30 p/m in tax credits for my little girl going to nursery ( dont … i get £30 p/m in tax credits for my little girl going to nursery ( dont know if this counts though)

you should be elidgible for a nhs tax credit exemption card, so no more paying for any dentist treatment or prescriptions, check it out and apply for it

Original Poster

wickedteen;5000956

you should be elidgible for a nhs tax credit exemption card, so no more … you should be elidgible for a nhs tax credit exemption card, so no more paying for any dentist treatment or prescriptions, check it out and apply for it

just checked and i dont get it as my family income is above the threshold thanks though

apply for it any way, you never know you may get it.

Original Poster

maurice;5000728

I have a nhs dentist . and like you had a root canel filling that cost … I have a nhs dentist . and like you had a root canel filling that cost about £45 then about 6 months later it cracked and had to have a crown ,Top teer on nhs cost £198 a few months back. if your treatment was on the nhs you were in my opinion overcharged.http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_096617down load the pdf file band 1 16.50band 2 45.60band 3 198.00

does anyone know if this covers sedation ( i am a terriable patient) lol

Original Poster

is this the same in scotland, phoned that number on the web but they said its completely different but they only deal with england and wales
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944532
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1947
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767359
      4. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller22

See more discussions