Groups

Denying any wrong doing!!! I do not think these words mean what I think they mean!!!!

Stephen Byers was caught on film telling what he thought was an America Bussiness person that he could influence government for a price.

Everytime I hear about this story, the commentry ends by saying "He denies any wrongdoing".

What am I missing here. surely he has been caught red handed "doing wrong".

8 Comments

He's claiming that, going by the letter of the law, he's done nothing wrong !

You can always tell when a politicians lying, their lips move. . .

He has offered a service, there is no crime in that. Hence he hasnt actually done anything wrong. If he had carried out what he said he could do, then he couldnt deny it.

Original Poster

leecroot;8172023

He has offered a service, there is no crime in that. Hence he hasnt … He has offered a service, there is no crime in that. Hence he hasnt actually done anything wrong. If he had carried out what he said he could do, then he couldnt deny it.

He offered to use his elected position to influence other politicians inorder to make money.

He made it clear in the interview nobody should know about this. Why? I think because he knew and still knows that most people would see that as wrong.

You seem to be saying that if you don't break the law (I believe he went against the spirit of the law even if he managed to technically stay within it) you are doing nothing wrong. Hope you don't have children if this is the moral code you would pass on to them for life.

Plum;8173423

He offered to use his elected position to influence other politicians … He offered to use his elected position to influence other politicians inorder to make money.He made it clear in the interview nobody should know about this. Why? I think because he knew and still knows that most people would see that as wrong.You seem to be saying that if you don't break the law (I believe he went against the spirit of the law even if he managed to technically stay within it) you are doing nothing wrong. Hope you don't have children if this is the moral code you would pass on to them for life.

I havnt heard the full interview, only caught a bit off it. Im no expert but he hasnt done anything wrong. I expect he would have carried out the service he was offering but didnt. Hence he hasnt done anything wrong.

Ill ingonre the last bit!

Plum;8173423

He offered to use his elected position to influence other politicians … He offered to use his elected position to influence other politicians inorder to make money.He made it clear in the interview nobody should know about this. Why? I think because he knew and still knows that most people would see that as wrong.You seem to be saying that if you don't break the law (I believe he went against the spirit of the law even if he managed to technically stay within it) you are doing nothing wrong. Hope you don't have children if this is the moral code you would pass on to them for life.

Is there any need???

Banned

leecroot;8172023

He has offered a service, there is no crime in that. Hence he hasnt … He has offered a service, there is no crime in that. Hence he hasnt actually done anything wrong. If he had carried out what he said he could do, then he couldnt deny it.

So if I offered a service to kill someone for you I would not get into trouble? :lol:

Original Poster

civms47;8174246

Is there any need???

To pass on a moral code to your children? Yes.

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;8175921

Health insurance for All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oBAMA rOCKS:thumbsup:

Hopefully will mean a massive change for the better for millions of Americans.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767422
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2645
      3. One for the mathmeticians1726
      4. word association Game74044569

See more discussions