Deposit cheques with Halifax bank without having to go to a bank branch

Found 6th Feb
This is not a deal really but it does save money for people who have to travel to a halifax bank branch only to deposit cheques.

Halifax mobile banking app now lets customers deposit cheques without having to go into a branch.

Just take a picture of front and back sides of the cheque from the app and that's it.
Community Updates
4958-4v4eG.jpg
Full details and simple how to step by step here

halifax.co.uk/abo…ts/
Just logged into my Halifax app today to find a new feature in the menu called Cheques (BETA).

When clicking on this you are able to deposit cheques and see your cheque deposit history.

You deposit by taking a picture of the cheque front and back.

This will save me stock piling my cheques from birthday and Christmas until about 4 months later when I remember they're there.

It is still under testing, hence the BETA, but still good for some (including me).

-99dealz
113 Comments
Handy to know.
Not that I have seen a cheque in years.
Good idea!
Isn’t a cheque something you ask for in an American restaurant after a meal 🧐
great thx cracking idea
Great info, cheers!
Thanks @jus4fun141 I've moved this to Misc as it's info rather than a deal
That's good to know
You can also use a post office
I nearly got into trouble for this.

Oh wait, thought you said take pictures of the back sides of Czechs...
harmageddon1 h, 14 m ago

Isn’t a cheque something you ask for in an American restaurant after a m …Isn’t a cheque something you ask for in an American restaurant after a meal 🧐

Nah that's a check :).
That’s fab! If only Natwest did the same, all my local branches closed I have to drive 20 miles
coming to all banks soon, been in the US for years, one less thing to go to a branch for.
Cheques are the most irritating form of payment to receive
sicklysweet9 h, 32 m ago

You can also use a post office

Given up on this. Had 2 cheques go missing. Both appeared after 2 weeks but no tracking and the receipts they give you at the counter mean nothing. Cash is fine to pay in but avoid cheques
This is great news, I'm forever having customers paying me by cheque.
wayners32 m ago

Given up on this. Had 2 cheques go missing. Both appeared after 2 weeks …Given up on this. Had 2 cheques go missing. Both appeared after 2 weeks but no tracking and the receipts they give you at the counter mean nothing. Cash is fine to pay in but avoid cheques

I've used this a lot as my company banks with bank of ireland, i find that some of the people in the post office forget to send them off and it takes ages other times it will be in after a day or two. Plays havoc if you want to do an accurate cashflow.
wayners35 m ago

Given up on this. Had 2 cheques go missing. Both appeared after 2 weeks …Given up on this. Had 2 cheques go missing. Both appeared after 2 weeks but no tracking and the receipts they give you at the counter mean nothing. Cash is fine to pay in but avoid cheques

Me too. I opened a Post Office account instead. I put cheques through that and then transfer to Halifax when cleared. Bit longwinded, but better than travelling almost five miles to the nearest Halifax.
Uranus6th Feb

I nearly got into trouble for this.Oh wait, thought you said take pictures …I nearly got into trouble for this.Oh wait, thought you said take pictures of the back sides of Czechs...

did you though, that was really funny.
I'll have to check I can do this with the Czech cheques I get for the checked cloth I sell they may not let me due to my chequered past.
they also clear faster, by the next working day.

not that I get many cheques, may write one to myself to test it
Thank you, OP. I wasn't aware of this, but it's very handy to know about.

I've previously asked Direct if they're going to do this, but apparently they don't have any plans to do so.
Then complain that they are closing branches ????
Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank now offer this service too via the mobile app.
I think Barclays has the same feature.
Hopefully others will follow
Who the hell accepts cheques? More to the point, who the hell sends them?

Should have been made truly obsolete a while back, ignoring those who protested because it was inconvenient to do so.
Oh that's quite a good idea. It's a pain to have to go to a bank to deposit the odd Jeff.
Clydesdale Bank is doing the same, saves me the hassle of posting cheques (the odd occasion I get one) back up to Scotland considering they don't have branches in England.
m5rcc2 m ago

Who the hell accepts cheques? More to the point, who the hell sends …Who the hell accepts cheques? More to the point, who the hell sends them?Should have been made truly obsolete a while back, ignoring those who protested because it was inconvenient to do so.

Oh I know, it's very much straight to the "oh great a forced trip to the bank" each time I get one. But everyone sends them in cards still I think. It's all I get anyway haha.
99dealz2 m ago

But everyone sends them in cards still I think. It's all I get anyway haha.

Everyone? How many grandparents/great aunts do you have?!
m5rcc1 m ago

Barclays started this in 2014...

Well all the people I know are with TSB, Lloyds or Halifax.
m5rcc1 m ago

Everyone? How many grandparents/great aunts do you have?!

Everyone in my family send a cheque so it can be cancelled if it gets lost in the post.
Does this work with money too?
99dealz1 m ago

Everyone in my family send a cheque so it can be cancelled if it gets lost …Everyone in my family send a cheque so it can be cancelled if it gets lost in the post.

Ask them to join the twenty-first centruy.
m5rcc1 m ago

Ask them to join the twenty-first centruy.

Which would entail?
m5rcc8 m ago

Who the hell accepts cheques? More to the point, who the hell sends …Who the hell accepts cheques? More to the point, who the hell sends them?Should have been made truly obsolete a while back, ignoring those who protested because it was inconvenient to do so.

I've paid 2 tradesmen over the past 6 months with cheques.

Many building societies still issue them when savings accounts mature.
Thanks for sharing @99dealz a lot of people would be surprised how
many people still use / love sending something like a cheque to cash!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants