Deposit on car

Found 2nd Oct 2017
Hi I was just wondering if anyone knew, if I was to put a deposit down on a car like 200 quid for examole and then after a few I decided I didn't want to buy the car, am I entitled to the deposit i put down back?
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Did you ask to see if the deposit was refundable ?
No I didn't like an idiot. I feel so stupid man. Does he have to state it or does it have to be stated anywhere that it won't be refundable?
Was it a garage or private seller?
Private seller then no chance. That's the whole point of a deposit
It is a garage. No private seller. I can understand if private but this is from a garage. It don't state on website and he dint say either
I believe you have a right to rejection, therefore if you visit the dealership and find something you’re not happy with, you can have your deposit back.
Thing is IV not found something I don't like it's just that Iv changed my mind because I feel it was too. Much to pay for wat I did. And everyone telling me to cancle, thinking about it and looking around it is too Much.
So cancel it on that basis. You’ve found the car isn’t competitively priced. Just make sure you’re not comparing the price to private sellers.

I’d do it sooner rather than later as they will be less inclined to assist, as you well know cars usually depreciate in a value month on month.
Just go and see the car. Find something they didn’t point out and then say, oh I’m not happy with that I’d like my deposit back. It’s not very fair on them as they could have sold the car over the weekend.
When buying a car from a dealership, the dealer will want two things: a signed contract and/or a deposit. Having both is better, but one or the other will do if necessary to consider a car sold. If you sign an order form or give a car dealer a deposit on a vehicle, you are buying that car. The deposit is a form of security to hold the car until you are ready to pay the rest of the money and collect the vehicle. If you change your mind, you lose the deposit. Simple enough in most cases.

thecarexpert.co.uk/is-…ce/
Try and find another dealer who are cheaper and use that as a means of rejecting. Agreed with the comment above that you have to do it asap.
No one returns a deposit. Ask your self what is a deposit for? The garage can sell it to someone else on that day so why would they bother with time wasters. Offer £100 instead and search wisely
OK thanks for all the comments and help. I guess IL lose it if I have it to. Lesson learnt. I have spoken to him but he was quite hesitant so he's going to ring me back. Hopefully it will get sorted.
Unfortuantly something you should have checked before paying as it would generally be non refundable, although not always as when paying my deposit the lady kindly told me she would make mine refundable(as I had a 3 hour drive to go see the car). Hopefully your dealer will be as helpful.
deposit are by definition not refundable unless the seller can be proven to be at fault. some t&c will allow partial refund of deposits.
Cool thanks. Lesson learnt. Never bought a car before on My own. Impulse buying buying bad habit.
lendu19 m ago

Cool thanks. Lesson learnt. Never bought a car before on My own. Impulse …Cool thanks. Lesson learnt. Never bought a car before on My own. Impulse buying buying bad habit.

you learnt from it - that's what life is all about

i made the same mistake a couple of years ago - now i sleep on any big financial decisions
adamspencer951 h, 43 m ago

you learnt from it - that's what life is all abouti made the same mistake …you learnt from it - that's what life is all abouti made the same mistake a couple of years ago - now i sleep on any big financial decisions

Thank you. And yeah your right life is that
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants