Depressing

Posted 20th Mar
I am getting really depressed about what is going on with the covid 19 pandemic and how it is affecting us all. I long for the time when the supermarket shelves are full again and life is back to normal. This time last month, we all had a great life but all that has now gone.

To try and look on the bright side of things, anyone got any good news that happened to them this week to share to brighten the mood up?

Please don't share bad news as we have enough of that already.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
So I did a massive shop earlier as there was a big delivery in . Bought loo roll, pasta ,bread ,Soup , hand gels the lot . My trolley was absolutely rammed full. Then I saw this old man behind me with only two things . He looked sad and said “I’ve only managed to get a box of Kleenex and a bag of nuts everything else is gone “. I felt terrible . Here I am with all this stuff waiting in line and this poor old man had naff all . So I did the right thing and said to him “go on mate , you go in front , you’ve only got two things!!
mutley120/03/2020 22:39

i am feeling sorry for myself as i can no longer lead a normal life

I'm not having a go now muttles, but, there are so many people a lot worse off than you, you keep on posting how much you've got to invest, how many 'k's you've got in various banks, stocks and shares etc etc. Think about the homeless, the people who won't get paid their full wage throughout all of this, the people that don't have any choice but to work...the list goes on and on, you just don't help yourself in your posts.

i am feeling sorry for myself as i can no longer lead a normal life and …i am feeling sorry for myself as i can no longer lead a normal life and although we are expected to get over this, which i do hope will pan out, life is going to be miserable for at least the next year, if not longer. i feel sorry for the elderly as they now can't even enjoy the last few years of their life.

I thought you said “Please don't share bad news as we have enough of that already.“
mutley120/03/2020 22:18

how come? what did you have to do to get that?

They had a glitch somehow on my account. I got 3 tubs really cheap just before Christmas on subscribe and save. I cancelled the subscription but a few days ago, 3 more tubs arrived. Found my card had been charged too. I looked on my account but there were no subscriptions for them active.

Went on Live Chat. Explained the situation and asked if they could sort out a free return for me. They said they aren’t returnable so instead, they would refund me and said I could keep them as a gift from Amazon.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 20th Mar
133 Comments
So I did a massive shop earlier as there was a big delivery in . Bought loo roll, pasta ,bread ,Soup , hand gels the lot . My trolley was absolutely rammed full. Then I saw this old man behind me with only two things . He looked sad and said “I’ve only managed to get a box of Kleenex and a bag of nuts everything else is gone “. I felt terrible . Here I am with all this stuff waiting in line and this poor old man had naff all . So I did the right thing and said to him “go on mate , you go in front , you’ve only got two things!!
I saw 3 deer eating grass on a rugby pitch today. Those white arsed little buggers really cheered me up.
richp20/03/2020 22:10

So I did a massive shop earlier as there was a big delivery in . Bought …So I did a massive shop earlier as there was a big delivery in . Bought loo roll, pasta ,bread ,Soup , hand gels the lot . My trolley was absolutely rammed full. Then I saw this old man behind me with only two things . He looked sad and said “I’ve only managed to get a box of Kleenex and a bag of nuts everything else is gone “. I felt terrible . Here I am with all this stuff waiting in line and this poor old man had naff all . So I did the right thing and said to him “go on mate , you go in front , you’ve only got two things!!

man, i was fully expecting you to give some of your stuff to him.
The bright side is people not wasting food how they used to, full supermarket shelves only mean wasteful people, it should be like this more often to make people appreciate food.
Amazon gave me £45 worth of jelly beans. Probably the best thing to have happened to me this past week.
Biddy220/03/2020 22:16

Amazon gave me £45 worth of jelly beans. Probably the best thing to have …Amazon gave me £45 worth of jelly beans. Probably the best thing to have happened to me this past week.

airfix20/03/2020 22:16

The bright side is people not wasting food how they used to, full …The bright side is people not wasting food how they used to, full supermarket shelves only mean wasteful people, it should be like this more often to make people appreciate food.

I just don't get this at all? I think I'm missing something
Good news = I have 2 week off work anyway.

So today fed some ducks at Keswick with grandkids. Not many tourists about for a change and plenty of stock in the shops.
Shame its overpriced in the first place

Thinking back, the only tourists were old farts who should have probably been at home.
Im with you, depressed as hell, with the current situation the latest "deal" has no interest for me, in fact, if anything it's put things into perspective, forget the latest tv deal, the latest game deal for my console etc, my mind is full of worry, for my son's, their family, their jobs and future,. for my grandkids, what kind of world are they going to grow up in once all this blows over, ... Will it all go back to "normal" or is this just the start of things to come.. heck, I may not even be guaranteed a wage in a few weeks.. I think I'm just on a downer!
Edited by: "malnuman" 20th Mar
tempt20/03/2020 22:13

Comment deleted

but this post is different. it is looking at the bright side of things.
mutley120/03/2020 22:18

They had a glitch somehow on my account. I got 3 tubs really cheap just before Christmas on subscribe and save. I cancelled the subscription but a few days ago, 3 more tubs arrived. Found my card had been charged too. I looked on my account but there were no subscriptions for them active.

Went on Live Chat. Explained the situation and asked if they could sort out a free return for me. They said they aren’t returnable so instead, they would refund me and said I could keep them as a gift from Amazon.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 20th Mar
maccy1i20/03/2020 22:20

I just don't get this at all? I think I'm missing something

Aren’t we all?
You need to see a doctor & psychiatrist if you are struggling with mental health issues.
i and hubby each got £5 m&s vouchers for completing a sports survey. i got soup and mango from m&s with the vouchers. the soup is in case i get symptoms.
mutley120/03/2020 22:25

i and hubby each got £5 m&s vouchers for completing a sports survey. i …i and hubby each got £5 m&s vouchers for completing a sports survey. i got soup and mango from m&s with the vouchers. the soup is in case i get symptoms.

Yes, soup from M&S will really help.
40150715-TGxTS.jpg
lack of tourists = bliss
People seem to have become nicer to me.

I'm thankful for that
Willy_Wonka20/03/2020 22:24

You need to see a doctor & psychiatrist if you are struggling with mental …You need to see a doctor & psychiatrist if you are struggling with mental health issues.

you can't see a doctor anymore! i had a phone appointment and even that was delayed because they don't have enough doctors at the surgery this week. face to face appointments are now only for really urgent and absolutely necessary cases.
maccy1i20/03/2020 22:27

Yes, soup from M&S will really help.

But it’s not just soup
Delightful12320/03/2020 22:29

People seem to have become nicer to me.I'm thankful for that

You're Delightful though now, where's that VIP badge?
Edited by: "maccy1i" 20th Mar
40150744-zdYDs.jpg
Lack of tourists = ducks need fed.
Delightful12320/03/2020 22:29

People seem to have become nicer to me.I'm thankful for that

i haven't noticed this personally. but i do find it heartening that people still seem to look happy despite their worries.
mutley120/03/2020 22:31

not at my local gp, you can't.

yes you can. You are depressed & need help & medication. You are a priority
MonkeysUncle20/03/2020 22:33

[Image] Lack of tourists = ducks need fed.

those ducks may need protecting soon
40150765-9xkj8.jpgGrandson pointed out it looks like a volcano.
Beauty in everyday things.
Willy_Wonka20/03/2020 22:31

Yes you can.

To be fair to Mutters, my local GP has stopped seeing people unless you’re elderly or vulnerable. Think staffing levels are low.
malnuman20/03/2020 22:21

Im with you, depressed as hell, with the current situation the latest …Im with you, depressed as hell, with the current situation the latest "deal" has no interest for me, in fact, if anything it's put things into perspective, forget the latest tv deal, the latest game deal for my console etc, my mind is full of worry, for my son's, their family, their jobs and future,. for my grandkids, what kind of world are they going to grow up in once all this blows over, ... Will it all go back to "normal" or is this just the start of things to come.. heck, I may not even be guaranteed a wage in a few weeks.. I think I'm just on a downer!

i am feeling sorry for myself as i can no longer lead a normal life and although we are expected to get over this, which i do hope will pan out, life is going to be miserable for at least the next year, if not longer. i feel sorry for the elderly as they now can't even enjoy the last few years of their life.
I am seeing the first signs of spring. The flowers are bursting out and the blossom is everywhere. Life renews. Don't lose hope folks :-) ...most importantly, be kind to each other.

i am feeling sorry for myself as i can no longer lead a normal life and …i am feeling sorry for myself as i can no longer lead a normal life and although we are expected to get over this, which i do hope will pan out, life is going to be miserable for at least the next year, if not longer. i feel sorry for the elderly as they now can't even enjoy the last few years of their life.

I thought you said “Please don't share bad news as we have enough of that already.“

i am feeling sorry for myself as i can no longer lead a normal life

I'm not having a go now muttles, but, there are so many people a lot worse off than you, you keep on posting how much you've got to invest, how many 'k's you've got in various banks, stocks and shares etc etc. Think about the homeless, the people who won't get paid their full wage throughout all of this, the people that don't have any choice but to work...the list goes on and on, you just don't help yourself in your posts.
airfix20/03/2020 22:44

I thought you said “Please don't share bad news as we have enough of that …I thought you said “Please don't share bad news as we have enough of that already.“

i was empathising with the poster.
Biddy220/03/2020 22:38

To be fair to Mutters, my local GP has stopped seeing people unless you’re …To be fair to Mutters, my local GP has stopped seeing people unless you’re elderly or vulnerable. Think staffing levels are low.

Anyone with a new psychological problem is a priority & vulnerable & can get a doctors appointment. .

I strongly suggest anyone suffering a new episode of depression get an emergency appointment.

Mutley needs to seek help from the NHS professionals immediately.
maccy1i20/03/2020 22:45

I'm not having a go now muttles, but, there are so many people a lot worse …I'm not having a go now muttles, but, there are so many people a lot worse off than you, you keep on posting how much you've got to invest, how many 'k's you've got in various banks, stocks and shares etc etc. Think about the homeless, the people who won't get paid their full wage throughout all of this, the people that don't have any choice but to work...the list goes on and on, you just don't help yourself in your posts.

And those of us who can’t get trifle muffins from Morries.

No? That’s not included? Oh.
maccy1i20/03/2020 22:45

I'm not having a go now muttles, but, there are so many people a lot worse …I'm not having a go now muttles, but, there are so many people a lot worse off than you, you keep on posting how much you've got to invest, how many 'k's you've got in various banks, stocks and shares etc etc. Think about the homeless, the people who won't get paid their full wage throughout all of this, the people that don't have any choice but to work...the list goes on and on, you just don't help yourself in your posts.

i have been thinking about other people who are going to struggle with this crisis, and that has only made me more depressed.
mutley120/03/2020 22:45

i was empathising with the poster.

So we are allowed to share bad news in your thread then?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants