Groups

Derren Brown

I went to see Derren Brown yesterday and I am totally amazed at some of his tricks, has anyone else seen him? If so, can you explain how he does them?
    Many Thanks

19 Comments

Did you see the one where he made someone believe they were actually in a violent arcade game ... that was something else!!!

Banned

Try youtube

Sheriff Waffles;1886485

Did you see the one where he made someone believe they were actually in a … Did you see the one where he made someone believe they were actually in a violent arcade game ... that was something else!!!

This is the one:
    youtube.com/wat…te0

Abvance;1886539

This is the one:http://youtube.com/watch?v=cjRAcajFte0

That's the one.
    He is one skilled and clever guy!!!:thumbsup:

I reccomend getting his book. It explains how he does a lot of things and even teaches you some of it. His memory improving trick is particularly good
    play.com/Boo…tml

Here's an ebook on how to do some of his tricks:
    rapidshare.com/fil…pdf
    It's not the the one posted above, give it a read.

donnydude;1886568

I reccomend getting his book. It explains how he does a lot of things and … I reccomend getting his book. It explains how he does a lot of things and even teaches you some of it. His memory improving trick is particularly goodhttp://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/3420985/Tricks-Of-The-Mind/Product.html

It'd be strange being married to him.
    He would use his powers of psychology and suggestion to get her to do whatever he wants!!!!

Sheriff Waffles;1886609

It'd be strange being married to him.He would use his powers of … It'd be strange being married to him.He would use his powers of psychology and suggestion to get her to do whatever he wants!!!!

...and not remember in the morning! ;-)

went to derren brown's show at the west end/covent garden (comp tix courtesy of his director!) a couple years ago it was fab live!

a friend of mine used to be at uni with him and he would always be 'performing' tricks with friends, they're just used to him ..

Derren Brown is really what got me into the whole "hypnosis" thing and as a result i can honestly say i know how to do about 80% of the things he does. I know, i'm amazing! I seen him on tour in 2004 but i haven't seen this one (yet). I even met him once at the stage door to where i went to see him and he signed a book for me. It was one of his that's now out of print and quite rare and i got £80 for it on eBay. Still got the signed program. Here's photographic evidence that i met Luke Skywalker......i mean Derren Brown himself.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o28/hypnoticstate/gyhgygfug.jpg

The image was taken in 2004 when i was 17.

Original Poster

hypnoticstate;1886831

Derren Brown is really what got me into the whole "hypnosis" thing and as … Derren Brown is really what got me into the whole "hypnosis" thing and as a result i can honestly say i know how to do about 80% of the things he does. I know, i'm amazing! I seen him on tour in 2005 but i haven't seen this one (yet). I even met him once at the stage door to where i went to see him and he signed a book for me. It was one of his that's now out of print and quite rare and i got £80 for it on eBay. Still got the signed program.

In that case, explain to me how he can look at a sealed envelope with just initials on and be able to read the question inside and tell them their name, age, date of birth and day they were born, if you can explain, i will pay to come and watch you!!!:whistling:

skusey;1886853

In that case, explain to me how he can look at a sealed envelope with … In that case, explain to me how he can look at a sealed envelope with just initials on and be able to read the question inside and tell them their name, age, date of birth and day they were born, if you can explain, i will pay to come and watch you!!!:whistling:

I can't tell you that. Bearing in mind that these are the kind of things i do with my friends, i don't want the secrets getting out, especially because there's every chance one of my mates will read this thread. Then the magic's gone.

Banned

skusey;1886853

In that case, explain to me how he can look at a sealed envelope with … In that case, explain to me how he can look at a sealed envelope with just initials on and be able to read the question inside and tell them their name, age, date of birth and day they were born, if you can explain, i will pay to come and watch you!!!:whistling:

probably know them - lol

Original Poster

hypnoticstate;1886877

I can't tell you that. Bearing in mind that these are the kind of things … I can't tell you that. Bearing in mind that these are the kind of things i do with my friends, i don't want the secrets getting out, especially because there's every chance one of my mates will read this thread. Then the magic's gone.

Ok, I understand:whistling:
    wouldn't let the magic circle down now would you................:whistling:

Original Poster

sassie;1886910

probably know them - lol

That is what I thought;-)

Sheriff Waffles;1886609

It'd be strange being married to him.He would use his powers of … It'd be strange being married to him.He would use his powers of psychology and suggestion to get her to do whatever he wants!!!!

him not her !!

Banned

skusey;1886929

That is what I thought;-)

well there aint no other way they know, all part of the show - lol

skusey;1886923

Ok, I understand:whistling:wouldn't let the magic circle down now would … Ok, I understand:whistling:wouldn't let the magic circle down now would you................:whistling:

"Magic" is boring and for sissies and people who are only "tricking" you, aka: liars. ;-)

This is "psychological illusion" meaning that what you see happening is usually what is actually happening, it's the method of how it's done that's unknown. Someone pulls a rabbit out of a hat then you know it was really already there, just concealed the whole time but with this stuff, if you make someone forget their own name (one of my own personal favourites) then that really happens.

remember everyone anyone can do what he does if we all knew how, its all tricks nothing else and deffo not powers.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714462
      2. word association Game73844456
      3. Royal Mil track and trace45
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)60477

See more discussions