Groups

Derren Brown Lottery Experiment - Wisdom of crowds

Hi Guys

Following on from Derren Browns show a few weeks ago, where his theory of 'the wisdom of the crowd' was used to predict the lottery numbers, i thought it might be fun to put this theory to the test.

So

1 - have a look at the last few weeks results for the lottery draw (www.national-lottery.co.uk)

2 - Place your prediction for the 6 numbers for Saturdays draw in order that you believe they will be drawn

3 - on Saturday afternoon, take every first number predicted, add them together and then average this out across the number of prediction

Worth a go and you never know - it might work and we could all win a tenner or more

4 Comments

Original Poster

my predictions are:

1 - 27
    2 - 32
    3 - 5
    4 - 17
    5 - 7
    6 - 41

a few of us had a go of this a while back

hotukdeals.com/ite…000
    some interesting comments lol

Wasn't 'his' theory, also it wasn't 'used'

The theory works with things that you have a reasonable chance of guessing, if you were asked to guess my height, even without seeing me you would probably guess somewhere between 5 and 6 1/2 foot, asked to pick a number out of 49 you couldn't possibly be that accurate.

Split cameras and a lot of misdirection.

But sure knock yourself out

Original Poster

kassy2005;6634326

a few of us had a go of this a while back … a few of us had a go of this a while back :)http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/482576/euro-millions-prediction-85-000-000some interesting comments lol

uh oh - i did a quick search before and couldn't find anything relating to this but never mind. Not looking to bring up the debate again - just for fun
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…912
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047121
      3. word association Game73944494
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1417

See more discussions