derrenbrownfail.blogspot.com/

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
97 Comments

Banned

thanks, will have a read

Original Poster

as for saying "we will see if it's right on friday" - if that is the actual answer then he won't tell us, he will spoon feed us some other explanation which is semi plausable yet more mystical. People are clinging on to him saying "i will show you how it was done", all magicians say I will show you, but they dont show you the actual way, they show you an alternative.

like when he did the reading the london map locations, he said, its simple really, "i had to memorize it all" - people think wow, so he did tell us how it was done, and take his word - WHEN THE REAL ANSWER IS THAT HE WAS FED THE DATA THROUGH A TINY SPEAKER IN HIS WATCH (notice every time just before he rights down his prediction, he put his hands to his head (wrist to his ears) as if thinking hard).

This said, i still enjoy watching his shows

LOL, I said this was how it is done IRL, but I said to myself "It can't be that, because ANYONE could ****ing do it"

Not exactly a trick of the masters?

Original Poster

Wotwot123;6262813

LOL, I said this was how it is done IRL, but I said to myself "It can't … LOL, I said this was how it is done IRL, but I said to myself "It can't be that, because ANYONE could ****ing do it"Not exactly a trick of the masters?

Yep. But he will have some weird and wonderful explanation that will leave everyone thinking "wow he is amazing" lol

lol imagine that wasn't the explanation. Then its FAIL on the blog :P
The point is, noone really 100% knows unless it comes from the man himself...

I bet though it has something to do with the yellow parallel lines on the floor and the 2nd camera

interesting

Original Poster

Artonox;6262831

lol imagine that wasn't the explanation. Then its FAIL on the blog :PThe … lol imagine that wasn't the explanation. Then its FAIL on the blog :PThe point is, noone really 100% knows unless it comes from the man himself...I bet though it has something to do with the yellow parallel lines on the floor and the 2nd camera

If it is just simply camera trickery, do you really believe he will tell you? Much like he said he memorized the whole map of london, i think not :thumbsup:

he said he will explain how he done it on Friday. Somehow, I doubt he will say "It was pure luck"

EDIT: hmm so he may put down an alternative explanation, but if it is all about illusion and mystical hype, then of course I won't buy it. But then again, to be fair, the blog although speaks possibility, doesn't really confirm that it is how its done. Are we meant to believe the blog? I won't till I see some evidence

Cantona_7;6262849

he said he memorized the whole map of london, i think not :thumbsup:

He actually said he memorised the index which is possible.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;6262854

lol damn site easier using his watch to get the directions i imagine :thumbsup:

2 other tricks he revealed:

1. Getting 10 heads in a row. How did he manage this? He simply filmed,for hours on end, him throwing a coin up until he got ten in a row, hardly world breaking stuff.

2. Betting "System". Sent thousands of people betting tips, of which he then sent the winners more tips, and so and so forth and wittled it down until there were a few people who had won every time over and over again thus believing he had a nack of tipping winners. The truth was they were just the ones who had been fortunate enough to be sent the winning horses while thousands more had lost either on the first race or the second or third etc... Hardly world breaking stuff.

nice thread

theres more intresting tv on than a guy trying to make people sheep

monkeybrains;6262884

nice threadtheres more intresting tv on than a guy trying to make people … nice threadtheres more intresting tv on than a guy trying to make people sheep

lol, nothing better on tv on wednesday nights. Think Lotto with a twist :-D

Artonox;6262893

lol, nothing better on tv on wednesday nights. Think Lotto with a twist … lol, nothing better on tv on wednesday nights. Think Lotto with a twist :-D

do you not have sky?

Original Poster

Artonox;6262893

lol, nothing better on tv on wednesday nights. Think Lotto with a twist … lol, nothing better on tv on wednesday nights. Think Lotto with a twist :-D

lol yeh its all good fun, Ill be tuning in to see what his "explanation" is for it tomorrow night anyway

monkeybrains;6262894

do you not have sky?

No unfortunately

Cantona_7;6262896

lol yeh its all good fun, Ill be tuning in to see what his "explanation" … lol yeh its all good fun, Ill be tuning in to see what his "explanation" is for it tomorrow night anyway

lol same :thumbsup:
hope its not some of those mumble jumble psycho mantis nano tech stuff

we see

this can't be tru as the guy has rules about never using camera tricks (including editing) doesn't he? I am sure he says that at the start of all his shows.

Artonox;6262893

yes i agree - at the end of the day its entertainment and he did get a lot of people talking about it.

Banned

If all he's done is use editing and TV trickery, it makes watching his shows pointless to watch in future.

Own goal I think!

Youll all be so unexpecting what hes going to say tonight.

isnt he knows as an "illusionist" ?
that might be a giveaway"

:P

was good though!

Banned

Staroffurby;6263063

this can't be tru as the guy has rules about never using camera tricks … this can't be tru as the guy has rules about never using camera tricks (including editing) doesn't he? I am sure he says that at the start of all his shows.

He's an illusionist - that includes lying.

Banned

deathtrap3000;6262854

He might have been fibbing though.

He was told them by an assistant.

FilthAndFurry;6263384

He's an illusionist - that includes lying.

technically then that would make him a liar rather than an illusionist!

Ok he could be telling porkies. The fact he has built a reputation for using no camera tricks and that is what sells his shows, DVD's, books etc.. For then to change all that and use a camera trick would be suicidal. I really do not think he is that thick.

It's got to be how he did it though, we all know that there's no way of knowing those numbers until the last one is read out on bbc, therefore somehow those numbers must be changed at some point in the 5-10 seconds after that. The only way I can believe is that it's a pre-recorded static image on the left hand side whereas someone is actually there changing the numbers.

Banned

Benjimoron;6263695

It's got to be how he did it though, we all know that there's no way of … It's got to be how he did it though, we all know that there's no way of knowing those numbers until the last one is read out on bbc, therefore somehow those numbers must be changed at some point in the 5-10 seconds after that. The only way I can believe is that it's a pre-recorded static image on the left hand side whereas someone is actually there changing the numbers.

That's a fairly obvious way of doing it so I can't think for an instance that he will just reveal it.

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;6263731

That's a fairly obvious way of doing it so I can't think for an instance … That's a fairly obvious way of doing it so I can't think for an instance that he will just reveal it.

Yeh he wont just come out with "oh the lottery trick, yeh we just used camera trickery, the end".

There will be some sort of weird and wonderful explanation which will definately be interesting to hear at least. I still think he did it in the way explained in the blog though

I don't see how he can make an hour show about it, maybe the first 45 minutes is other stuff and then the end he just shows a couple of youtube videos rather than explain it himself.

I also don't get why the camera was done shaky, they could've just done it still all the way. With having it shaky and then still for 3 seconds it's made it very obvious where the cut was done. Or they could've done it shaky all the way and the cut is done whilst fake shake is added.

I'd like to see a video of someone re-inacting the same thing, ie properly doing the whole thing rather than explaining it. See if others can match up to the master and even improve on the video editing skills and ball placing skills that Derren and his team showed.

Benjimoron;6263901

I don't see how he can make an hour show about it, maybe the first 45 … I don't see how he can make an hour show about it, maybe the first 45 minutes is other stuff and then the end he just shows a couple of youtube videos rather than explain it himself.

The hour show is start of a series isn't it. The explanation of how he did this is only taking 5 mins. The rest is other illusions as part of the series. That how i read it on some TV guide last night.

Banned

Cantona_7;6264046

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2631919/Secret-of-Derrens-Lottery-plottery.html

a manc who reads the sun, wow

Cantona_7;6264046

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2631919/Secret-of-Derrens-Lottery-plottery.html

"Evidence includes a few seconds of the C4 show in which one half of the screen is static while a hand-held camera on Derren is slightly shaky. "

I'd like to see their evidence of this!

personally I think it would be better if he DIDNT explain how it was done and just left people to come up with their own theories. Of course,he didnt predict the lottery-its an exercise in misdirection-he has said that right from the start.

If it is a camera trick I will be slightly dissapointed as he has never done it that way before and in this technological age its not even very clever.

Much of what he does is amazing but the racing "system" and the heads and tails thing was just lame.

The way some newspapers are reacting is stupid-slating him because it was "all an illusion" when he said all along that was what it was. Its like they think he has somehow cheated us because he didnt ACTUALLY predict the lottery!

since wednesday night internet chatrooms/forums/tabloids and tv have been full of derren brown so I reckon he has achieved his aim hasnt he?

for those who doubt he memorised all the grid references on a map-maybe he did and maybe he was being "fed" info but it is actually possible to memorise the info and I guess we will never know.

I think you have to see his live shows to truly appreciate what he is capable of-on tv there is always going to be accusations of technological trickery-live in a theatre its a different thing.

barky;6264156

personally I think it would be better if he DIDNT explain how it was done … personally I think it would be better if he DIDNT explain how it was done and just left people to come up with their own theories. Of course,he didnt predict the lottery-its an exercise in misdirection-he has said that right from the start.If it is a camera trick I will be slightly dissapointed as he has never done it that way before and in this technological age its not even very clever.Much of what he does is amazing but the racing "system" and the heads and tails thing was just lame.The way some newspapers are reacting is stupid-slating him because it was "all an illusion" when he said all along that was what it was. Its like they think he has somehow cheated us because he didnt ACTUALLY predict the lottery!since wednesday night internet chatrooms/forums/tabloids and tv have been full of derren brown so I reckon he has achieved his aim hasnt he?for those who doubt he memorised all the grid references on a map-maybe he did and maybe he was being "fed" info but it is actually possible to memorise the info and I guess we will never know.I think you have to see his live shows to truly appreciate what he is capable of-on tv there is always going to be accusations of technological trickery-live in a theatre its a different thing.

people are just jealous of his undoubted skills

Much better illusion would have been if he'd made his own ball picking machine that he claimed would be able to match the result of the lottery as long as it was done under the same conditions, ie at roughly the same time (just afterwards). He could explain how nothing is truly random, everything happens for a reason, the balls are picked because of the physics that goes on in the machine rather than being totally random.

He could then load the balls into the machine but via wireless 6 extra balls are added from behind into the machine, these are of course the balls that he wants the machine to pick. They are of course heavier and slightly smaller than the other balls. They will then get picked and he could claim his machine was designed by him to replicate the actual draw based on nothing ever being truly random.

Banned

barky;6264156

for those who doubt he memorised all the grid references on a map-maybe … for those who doubt he memorised all the grid references on a map-maybe he did and maybe he was being "fed" info but it is actually possible to memorise the info and I guess we will never know.

Which is why it's an illusion. I mean, David Copperfield could make the Statue of Liberty disappear, but the illusion is in how he makes people think he did it.

Can you imagine how good it would have been if he had actually shown us the numbers before the draw and the same outcome?

greg_68;6264905

Can you imagine how good it would have been if he had actually shown us … Can you imagine how good it would have been if he had actually shown us the numbers before the draw and the same outcome?

Yep, but impossible unfortunately.

tinkerbell28;6264979

Yes and plus handily for an him it's the bbc who has the legal right to … Yes and plus handily for an him it's the bbc who has the legal right to announce the numbers first, he can't.Lokking forward to the uncovering of the illusion tho.

I'm guessing that would kind of kill the lottery, if he had predicted them and it came out right then most people would think he could influence the balls coming out in some way. I don't think many would play the lottery if they didn't have 100% trust in it.
Post a comment
@
    Text