Designated pick-up locations for eBay items in London?

I am based in London, and in order to avoid the hassle with packaging and postage, I have opted for only local pick up option to be available. I have recently sold one item, and am about to contact buyer with details regarding delivery of the item: time and location.

Are there any "safe" spots that are known for eBay exchanging? I know this concept is quite common in the US, I was just wondering if there's something of similar sort in London.

In front of the police station, perhaps?

4 Comments

I can't comment on London pick up locations but incase you don't know- in order to be covered by Seller Protection you should only accept cash from buyers collecting items. NOT PayPal.
If buyer initiates a not received dispute you must provide tracking info. You will have no tracking info if you have not posted the item. Buyer will be refunded via PayPal and have funds and item.
For same reason only post to buyers address on PayPal as you may need to prove tracking to that address (tracking to their work/friend etc will not comply with Seller Protection.
Just heads up incase u didn't know already.

Original Poster

Thank you for the answer!

I'd meet up in a bank & get the buyer to put the money directly into your account whilst you're there.

A supermarket is where i meet
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    2. Which Camera?!!!22
    3. Kodi - £ Sports Recommendations1014
    4. Sky or Virgin?1418

See more discussions