Desire HD problem, can't answer phone

Found 25th Dec 2011
Just got the new sense 3 update for my HTC Desire HD few days ago, now i can't answer the phone while it is locked. I get the answer or decline option, but when i try to answer it cuts off, and i get an error message "com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly".

Phone works fine if unlocked though.

anyone else get this or know what is going wrong?

thanks
Community Updates
11 Comments
Backup all the data you want to keep, and do a factory reset. It'll be the quickest and easiest way to sort it out.
Hahaha. Yes, this happens to me too. But not before the recent update. 2 days ago they updated the system and it's quite unstable. You might have to wait for them to patch it or just do a factory reset. I can't answer my phone too while it's unlocked
I don't know if it's the same update but i had a system update this morning, and now i can't get on the internet!

Not had a phone call yet on it though, but at least all the pending app updates have completed
Stradders

I don't know if it's the same update but i had a system update this … I don't know if it's the same update but i had a system update this morning, and now i can't get on the internet!Not had a phone call yet on it though, but at least all the pending app updates have completed

I still can get on the internet, but after receiving a call and answering it, it goes into aeroplane mode -.-'
when someone rings you you need to drag the answer icon into the circle, or reject icon if you don't want to answer!
btw it also works for the menu items. if you want to go straight to mail for example, drag and drop it into the circle which will move up for you
Yes, it's just after you drag the icon into the circle is when it fails. Actually, if you don't answer the call it gets stuck and keeps on ringing even after the caller hangs up -.-'
Kr4t0z

I still can get on the internet, but after receiving a call and answering … I still can get on the internet, but after receiving a call and answering it, it goes into aeroplane mode -.-'

yeah this is what happens to me
although i had another call and it worked, tested again with wifes(mobile) and not working again

so i guess a reset is the only way?

thanks for advice
Edited by: "athunder" 25th Dec 2011
ok MIGHT have fixed it, tested with 2 mobiles and could answer both.
After much searching a common theme seemed to be a problem with syncing/contacts.
I did 2 things so not sure which was the one that solved it, but i think it was deleting facebook sync as i had 2 facebooks sync options, Facebook sync and Facebook sync for HTC sense.

Also did a fresh sync for my gmail account but don't think that was what fixed it.

fingers crossed it's fixed for good now.
Thanks athunder for sharing this. I deleted my Facebook sync and it worked, but I can't see any of the facebooks' profile pictures as the callers' ID
Edited by: "Kr4t0z" 25th Dec 2011
FWIW i got my internet working after repeatedly turning wi-fi on and off, seems to have solved it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants