Groups
    EXPIRED

Desktop PC help please?

I would be grateful if anyone could recommend a cheapish (say up to about £300) desktop PC base unit with Windows 7. I don't need monitor keyboard or mouse. A middle range processor would be fine, as I would add a separate graphics card and more memory if necessary. The only game I really play is Quake Live which doesn't need anything special to play
    Thanks !

6 Comments

Banned

Have a look in Staples. They have Desktops from around that price and up

Original Poster

richx45

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hp-slimline-s5616uk-including-20-screen-only-303-97-with-5offpcw-code-reduced-fr/936016

Is that the best spec for the money though? It didn't get hot!

nickwolves74

I always forget about Staples. I'll check them out thanks.

richx45

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hp-slimline-s5616uk-including-20-screen-only-303-97-with-5offpcw-code-reduced-fr/936016

nickwolves74

I thought it was good for that price, your be lucky to find a decent set up for less then £300.
    With the monitor too, I thought it was great, if you don't need it, sell it, then put the funds towards a new graphics card/more RAM!

Or you could try your luck with this.....

hotukdeals.com/dea…262
    Edited by: "richx45" 11th May 2011

Original Poster

Thanks, I saw that one but Cube247 sound dodgy to me!

For alot cheaper build yourself, amd athlon 2 x4 core, 1tb hdd, DVD drive, 500w psu, 4th Kingston ram ddr3,any case, Asus mobo, radeon 5450 gpu, I could build you one for £400 w/o os or £470 with.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions