Groups
    EXPIRED

Desktop Pc Required Budget £250 max

Hi all

Not sure if i am being realistic with this budget to be honest but i thought id give it a try.

My mum has just moved and the old desktop of mine i gave her has packed inand needed replacing anyway, she really does need a very basic spec with the ability to surf the internet via broadband the only requirement of sorts.

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated.

6 Comments

You could get the Dell £329 system and sell the monitor?

Alternatively self-build, take advantage of the Google-checkout offer at ebuyer and aria and buy the parts yourself, you can build a system for under £120 (excluding OS and monitor).

jah128

Alternatively self-build, take advantage of the Google-checkout offer at … Alternatively self-build, take advantage of the Google-checkout offer at ebuyer and aria and buy the parts yourself, you can build a system for under £120 (excluding OS and monitor).

That's the best option. There is a 14.1" widescreen monitor on Ebuyer for around £45.

Ubuntu will be fine as the OS if it's almost exclusively for surfing the web. It's free and is a doddle to use.

Original Poster

thanks for replies so far guys

not really up for a self build system, any direct links to that dell deal probably as good as i while get i expect? do the dell deals still come out every tuesday?

thanks very much again

The Dell deal is here - hotukdeals.com/for…669

(pretty hard to miss, its about the most popular thread ever!)

hotukdeals.com/for…ell

new dell deals on Thursdays...with 5% quidco cashback this is excellent value

Original Poster

thanks guys

that £329 deal seems more than fair enough to me, i take it that wont have any problems running broadband? (Silly question probably)

I will wait until thursday just incase one of you experts finds an even better deal

thanks a lot
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844455
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)60477
      3. Royal Mil track and trace44
      4. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…56

See more discussions