Expired

Desperate for a cheap soldering iron asap

Found 12th Aug 2013
Hi, soldering iron just stopped working, looked at a few vids on youtube for a quick fix but still not working!

So just need a nice cheap soldering iron to finish a little home project I have, can not wait for delivery online so will have to be from a shop.

Anyone got any ideas please??
Community Updates
AskIron
14 Comments
maplins
Original Poster
The one that just broke is from Maplins!, was going to give them a miss

Thanks for other ideas but really need to be buying it tomorrow, not online.
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_154788_langId_-1_categoryId_255210

£14 looks a good one.

40w this one
Edited by: "mamaoftwo" 12th Aug 2013
Original Poster
mamaoftwo

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_154788_langId_-1_categoryId_255210£14 looks a good one.40w this one

That does look a good one, is it worth me paying the extra though if i am not likely to use again??
If you can't wait for delivery then try the supermarkets, diy sheds, Wilkinsons, Home Bargains, Halfords, Screwfix, any motoring shop. Depends on what is local to you really but I would expect to pay anything from £7 upwards from these places.
lpoolm

That does look a good one, is it worth me paying the extra though if i am … That does look a good one, is it worth me paying the extra though if i am not likely to use again??

once you got one its always there if you, family member needs one.
Original Poster
Thanks, I work in Liverpool so will have a look in home and bargain and others like that and if I do not see anything will go Halfords on the way home.

Thanks for all the advice and searching you have all done!
This one is spot on:

cpc.farnell.com/dur…720

Full soldering station for £11.94 including postage

Same as the one in Maplin for £19.99
I noticed one in aldi yesterday but didn't see the price, sorry. Probably doesn't help! ;-)
hope you managed to get one sorted.
Original Poster
Did get one thanks, £7 from taskers. A no name brand but says has 3 year warranty??

We will see!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants